Thank you after 5 weeks of grieving

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  tmc 11 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

tmc
    Participant

Hi Everyone
    Thank you for your sympathy during my time of loss. I wish I could write a personal letter to each of you but I was overwhelmed by your posts, cards, letters and donations to myelom in Peter's name.It is of great comfort to know you are thinking of me as I grieve Peter's death.He is free of pain and can wander through our minds when he chooses. Your thoughtfulness and kind words are greatly appreciated.
    I felt a tremendous losss and at first could not weep. Then I wept as I read each post card and letter it helped me face the rest of the day. Nothing could help when people asked how I was I am miserable.
    I am doing what I need to restore my emotional health, postponing major decisions, being patien with myself and making allowances for others. Weeping with people who also weep.
    Grief happens and is passive. Mourning is the act of dealing with grief and requires attention. I think mourning is where I am now. I come in and report the news and views and exchange plesantries before I fully remember there is no one there.
    We survivors of his death are truly left alone.
    I hope there will be a cure to this dreadful disease in our lifetime or at the very least made into a manageable disease.
    My heart goes out to each and every one of you and I hope to post more often to you individually in time.
    Thank you so much for everything.
    Love Teresa.

tom
    Participant

Hi Teresa

Many Thanks for this post as am sure it must be hard for you, but your strenth has and will carry you on.

I never Met Peter or you am sorry to say but you both have and are in my thoughts.

I also hope and wish A cure is soon found for this dreaded illness.

Thank you for posting.

Love Tom xxxx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Dear Teresa

I can only imagine what you are going through and my heart goes out to you. The love of your life has gone but you have been left with lovely memories. My love and thoughts are with you and thank you for your post.

Love Jean x

Helen
    Participant

Dear Teresa
    I do not have the words to help, it must be such a difficult time. I love the idea that Peter is a visitor wandering through your mind. It is a comforting thought. Take care of yourself on your journey into your altered life.
    Love Helen

andyg
    Participant

Dear Teresa.
    Like Helen I don't have the words to ease your pain of the loss of Peter. Hopefully time will lessen the pain and your memories of Peter will be mainly of all the good times you shared together.
    I found your post very emotional and brave.
    I hope the future is kind for you and know that we are all thinking of you and your family at this difficult and very sad time.

Lots of love Andy & Steph xxxxx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Theresa,

I agree with Andy, your post is very brave… I too like the idea that Peter can wander through your mind as he chooses… I certainly like the idea of visiting Janet in moments of need and the idea that I can have a choice in those moments is both comforting and inspiring.

I am sure that you will find the right balance between grief, mourning and comfortable communication… the latter of course will take some time to establish but I get the feeling that you will reach that level sooner rather than later.

My thoughts are with you… as they still lie with Min and Sarah, Tina and Roz and other carers who became friends and more throughout their journeys with their husbands. I hope you drop in now and again to let us know how you are… until that time comes when now and again becomes less frequent because your life moves on, filled with other journeys, other adventures and familiar blessings not associated with MM and all its miseries.

God bless:-)

Dai.

Tina
    Participant

Hi Teresa,

I did not reply to your first post as I truly did not have the words to describe what I wanted to sayhowever I have been thinking of you as I often do about those on this forum who have lost loved ones. Whilst Peter wonders through your mind Patrick whispers in my ear from time to time especially when I am doing something the wrong way again – I hear his dulcit tones and it brings a smile to my face.
    Five weeks is such a short space of time and as long as you take your time and accept that there is no right or wrong way with dealing with grief you will get through this awful awful time.
    Wishing you much strength and love

Tina X

tmc
    Participant

Hi Tom,Jean,Helen,Andy Dai and Tina
    Thank you for everything
    I have said a little on Gills post Not Looking So Good
    Love Teresa.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Thank you after 5 weeks of grieving’ is closed to new replies.