The good bits and the bad bits

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  rebeccaR 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

annlynn
    Participant

Why oh Why is it that we get one thing sorted then something else rears its ugly head ..Had to have the dreaded camera yesterday because red bloods keep dipping luckily after working myself in to a frenzy all is well healthy happy bowel !!!!! glad something is lol. still breathless and back pain so what:) now ????? well thats my little moan doesnt help when you see paperwork that says poor prognoses due to cyenetics wrong word but somethink like that but what do they know about :Brave Strong Women ::
    thanks for listening has anyone heard how helen from the north is she hasnt posted for a while annlynne best wishes to alll

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi there, You sound a little battle weary today which is understandable but hey…great bowel! Next time you see your paperwork correct the spelling in red and add – cytogenics are a possible predictor only of poor prognosis due to the unique/individual nature of MM. Still breathless tho? sounds like you need a nice pint of blood to pick you up..are they withholding it? Last weekend I went to see my daughter at Uni – she had been a vegetarian from say 10yrs – 16 yrs (thank You tube and some shocking video on how chickens were treated in a well known fast food co.) As a veggie she was veerry fussy so holidays and eating out were quite stressful for us (not her). Any how she has now gone to the other extreme and steak is her fave food and she was describing how she likes it red and thought she wouldn’t like blood but she really likes the taste of it now (at this point I was reliving my pint fixes like a junkie who’d given up the good stuff and could just be tempted by a little cheeky one!). Sorry to hear things are becoming tiresome/troublesome but it’s a blip so focus on some quality treats. Since my daughter has gone to Uni and am redundant as her personal hand maiden I am becoming exceptional at this. I have lost focus on mental practises as I don’t need them now but when I look back I really enjoyed trying new things from going to Buddhist mindfulness classes to meditational and breathing exercises to tai chi (loved that), to a Reiki course I went on. What I found as interesting as the subject matter (not saying I agreed with it all but am very open to new things) was the people I met and listening to their experiences. It always perked me up mentally as you start viewing “issues” with a new perspective and it flexes your mental muscles. I guess in a sense when you feel mentally weary you need to seek something “out of the box” to re-energise you. Is there anything you’ve ever felt like having a go or exploring “sometime” in retirement that you could instigate now and give you new focus/interest? We can’t be Strong Brave women all the time – just in times of crises – other times we just need to get off the rat wheel and create stimulating diversions. Have a think..my daughter who has just gone to Uni has started up cross-stitching?… not sure why but I’m guessing some quiet contemplation time may be helping her through the first few weeks and then I think it will remain incomplete. Now.. I’m not suggesting you take up cross stitching because quiet contemplation time is NOT something we need any more of but in all of us lay the answers to our own coping strategies/mood enhancers to fit the moment. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to recharge your batteries in a totally new, inventive way..comfort zone – NOT allowed.

Rebecca

annlynn
    Participant

as always a lovely reasuring post thanks rebecca had a night in hospitall two pints blood feel much better xxthanks

annlynn
    Participant

on reflection rebecca belly dancing. i think night be my new think xx

rebeccaR
    Participant

Mmmm… quite hedonistic 2 pints … but as daft as it sounds if belly dancing springs to mind why not give it a whirl. I actually work with someone who does it and she thinks it’s the most fantastic thing ever and makes her feel very happy/sexy/carefree….so even if you were joking why not give it a whirl…let’s face it stranger things have happened to us. I have actually looked in our area for belly dancing after talking to her but alas there is none else I’d have already given it a whirl. Glad you are feeling better. x

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘The good bits and the bad bits’ is closed to new replies.