Travel insurance

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  jcraddock 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

myramilton22
    Participant

Hi

I read in one of the multitude of books that I was given recently when my husband was diagnosed with Myeloma, about someone who had found a reasonably priced travel insurance through Myeloma uk.  I have tried quite a few links recommended on the website, but so far I have found nothing reasonable I.e. Quotes in excess of £150 for 1 week in Spain.  Has anyone come across a a company that is reasonable, that I could try?

jeff605
    Participant

Hi, I have just got insured through HSBC, £62 For 8 days Malta excluding anything connected with Myeloma,  after a lot of searching.  Jeff

myramilton22
    Participant

Hi Jeff

Thanks for the reply.  Like you after a lot of searching I have now managed to get insurance through Cigna insurance for my husband and myself for £24.95, but again that excludes everything to do with myeloma, but at least they did allow me to register the illness. That’s for 7 days in Spain. I could have added the myeloma cover for an additional £163.  That’s something I would have considered if we were going for longer, or if my husband was further down the line with the illness, but at this stage we are in the very early stages, and this trip was planned before we knew anything about the illness.

Anyone  else out there with info on this, please advise. Myra

jcraddock
    Participant

I have managed to get one years world wide travel insurance, including USA, for a year through Columbus Travel Direct. This covers my myeloma, pneumonia ,stem cell transplant…..really pleased! All for £124

I am making the best of it as I am in San Francisco at the end of a four week trip doing the National Parks and will be going to Costa Rica in March…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Travel insurance’ is closed to new replies.