Ultra-Marathon double event fund raiser…

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Alix 10 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Alix
    Participant

Evening all,

A couple of years a go my Dad was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and in response to this I ran an Ultra-Marathon in Iceland to raise funds for Myeloma UK. I got a fantastic response and managed to raise over £1400 within the space of a couple of weeks.

After promising never to take part in such an event again (a quote taken directly after crossing the line :)) I decided I would up the ante and take on two Ultra-Marathons for Macmillan Cancer Support, a truly phenomenal charity. The first of my events is in November this year, it is a 46 mile Ultra-Marathon through the Brecon Beacons. As if that wasn't enough of a challenge, in July 2014 I am running the Swiss K78 Ultra-Marathon, a 48.8 mile Ultra-Marathon in the Swiss Alps, the biggest Ultra-Marathon on the calendar.

I have setup a donation page to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support at:

http://www.justgiving.com/ultradouble

This covers both the events that I will be doing and contains more details about both and my reasons for doing them.

I am trying to raise as much as possible for Macmillan and any donations would be massively appreciated.

Cheers guys, all the best!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Ultra-Marathon double event fund raiser…’ is closed to new replies.