Update on kev

This topic contains 16 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi all,
    Well where do I start! Kev as been in hospital with pneumonia last week came home late Friday with a cocktail of drugs, it was his week off the revlimid. Yesterday was his clinic day and to begin cycle 3 rev/dex but have been given another week off the revlimid to get over this infection, on the positive side the Lg have come down from 800+ to 450 with just two cycles! So far so good! Had a phone call when we got home typical, radiotherapy want to start his treatment on his ribs as they are in abad way so back up there today, still waiting for a decision on treatment for his back.
    Hopefully he can kick this infection into touch and look forward to the revlimid doing its job.

keep well everyone love liz & kev xx

tom
    Participant

Hi You two

Well I hope he can get infection kicked out and get on with treatment,its bad this time of year no matter wher you are some one is infected with somthing and are only to keen to pass it on 🙁

It looka like the revlimid Is working 😎 so it is good if infectios is sorted.

Get well Kev and keep away from those with germs

Love to you both

Tom Onwards and Upwards xx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi Tom,
    Good to hear from you how are you and Elaine? Hope you had a good Xmas and new year.
    Kevs all sorted and ready to begin his radiotherapy they did all the marking out and begin tomorrow so hopefully this will bring him some pain relief, I'm just hoping the weather doesn't get any worse, the road outside is like a ice rink, how you coping in your neck of the woods?

Keep well love liz & kev xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Liz and Kev

Yes Elaine and I are doing great Thanks 😀
    Kev will have same as Elaine the "Tattoos" for his R/T Elaine had 25 sessions of R/T in 2008 and did pretty good with it 😎

Its like your rink here in Sunny Scuuny am afraid, I just hope the dog dunt pull me over when i take him for a walk Lol.
    Good Luck and am sure the RT will work 😀 and cut down if not stop the pain.

Love Tom and Elaine xxx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi kev and liz

Sorry to hear about the infection…..time to bin it into touch and get those ribs sorted. Not good weather to be out and about anyway, we are snowed in here! Slowly but surely the medical team and kev will back this mm into a corner. Go for it and take care 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi vicki & Colin,

Kevs infection as finally gone, had a couple of blasts of radiotherapy last week on his ribs so far so good! And restarted on his rev/dex yesterday cycle 3 so fingers crossed for a trouble free three weeks.

Hope Colin's keeping well and yourself too!

Take care liz & kev xx

Vicki
    Participant

Oh great liz, glad to hear things are on the move. We aren't, the snows bad 🙂

Hopefully we can get to the hospital tomorrow for Colin's bone marrow assessment, yuk v painful for him. Hopefully they will have some good news for us. Its just the waiting!

Hope all goes well, keep yourselves warm and safe

Vicki and Colin x

tom
    Participant

Hi Liz and Kev

Pleased the infection is sorted and that the R/T is helping the ribs, I have my fingers crossed for a good three weeks.

Vicky did you two get to the BMB through the snow? I hope it was pan free as the are a bugger to be fair.

Love all round

Tom Onwards and Upwards xxx

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Tom,

Yes we did. Typical out here in the country a foot of snow…..22 miles away in town, nothing 🙂

The bmb was the usual painful numbing affair, with gas and air…..and a cup of tea for both of us afterwards! Colin had his tea and biscuit because he had all the physical pain, and mine was for the mental anguish and the nurse feeling sorry for me :-). We have to wait two weeks for the result!, Colin seems to run out of steam quite quickly, but he his out and about, but does have to have some long naps and some morning lie ins. Having nothing to measure that by we are assuming that's ok :-). All his bloods are up around the normal mark, except platelets, they've increased to 111 though!

We southern softies are getting rid of the snow now, with you guys up north suffering now :-(. Stay safe!. Colin fell over and got nagged by yours truly, and then got nagged for lack of wooly hat. Me getting good at this nagging 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

tom
    Participant

Hi Vicki and Colin

Well snow or no snow am sure you prefer the Countryside to town 😀
    As for the BMB "Gas and Air" wow I just get a Local Injection then they dig in Lol, and all I want to have is a few large Vodka so that when the Local wears off am in a drunken state lol, am sure it will be Ok but I do feel for you both as the wait is near as bad as the BMB ?? (i said nearly Colin lol)

Now the loss and or Lack of steam ?? I get that, I work (light duties still) 40 hours per week 6am till 2pm Mon to Fri and to be fair I drop asleep at the drop of a hat at tea time, and i know I have been to wrk as by the thursday I am ready for the week end? I would pack it all in if its wasn't for the Money to be fair, so for Colin this lack energy is what I have been having.

Now as for the snow I woke up this morning to a clrear back Garden and clear roads snow all Gone am pleased to say.

Stay well and Colin Stay on your Feet My Friend its safer 😀

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi Tom, vicki &colin,

I was just thinking the same Gas & Air! I didn't go in with kev for his BMB but he only had local, it must be a Northern thing? 🙂 LOL! Hope Colin's ok now after his tumble? I'm like a mother hen when kevs out and about and the last few weeks he's not done much but it is a worry with the bone damage and how fragile they are. Glad you managed to get to the hospital through all the snow (what snow?) woke up Sunday not a trace!

As for you Tom doing 40 hours well done you but it must be very tireing , kevs not working and can't see him doing so anytime soon, we're trying to work out a little excercise routine to build up his strength :-/ he's says I'm nagging! Don't know what he's talking about?:-)

Take care love liz & kev xx

Helen
    Participant

Well!….no gas and air this far north! Southern softies!! Hmmm… We still have snow and now rain so hope it takes the snow away.
    Vikki, I am wimpishly tired and was even more so for first 6 months after SCT. I've gone from superwoman to frail, and am just about resigned to it now. I know I've had infection after infection for the last year, but can't live in a bubble. Don't know what the answer is but tired seems to be part of the scenery for some of us.
    Love Helen (still coughing)

Vicki
    Participant

Hi all

Well you guys made me laugh! No gas and air, southern softies! 🙂 :-). You might be right, but I won't mention it to Colin as he's still grimacing at the thought of the bmb and we are still awaiting the results which is nerve wracking!

Thankfully the snow has gone but its v cold, not as much as up north! I'm trying hard not to fuss but its difficult. Colin had to sit down half way through the tai chi (only the first week) as he felt tired, so he was well fed up. I keep,saying slowly slowly we will get there! He had reflexology yesterday and he went to sleep within the first 2 minutes!

Helen it's encouraging to hear that others get tired but appreciate that's not much fun….although you might feel you we only part superwoman now I think you guys have gone through such an ordeal you are all heroes! 🙂 :-)…. Still coughing!!!?

Liz, Colin always thinks I'm nagging….bothered? 😉

Tom, 40 hours a week…..is that just turning up, or working as well, lol 🙂

Vicki' and Colin x

tom
    Participant

Hi you all

Well this board is all about doing well and getting Tired am up for that one Lol

Yes I clock on for 40 hours a week am pleased to say, but do I work??? I have to be Honest I just clock on, the company realy look after me as I went back to work on Light dutie's In May 2010 and that was for about three months but they kept me doing it, and for that am eternally Grateful, as i know that I couldn't go and do my Old Job (docker forklit driver/slinger and humper lol) How long will it last in this recession?? I dont know I just take one week at a time.

Stay well you all

Love Tom Onwards and Upwards xx

Dizzyliz
    Participant

Hi all,

LOL!:-) it made me laugh reading these last few posts, vicki it's great to hear Colin's doing tai chi, kevs just trying to walk down to the bottom of the street without having to sit on someone's wall for a rest! That's his goal to get there and back without taking a break? I think they need all the encouragement to take these steps, Colin doing this so soon after sct is brilliant ! And Tom your proof it can be do-able! Bet Elaine is so proud, keep well all.

Love liz & kev xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Update on kev’ is closed to new replies.