Velcade

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  DaiCro 13 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

DaiCro
    Participant

Blooming Hector you lot…. one thing at a time please!!!

I read the OP and then started scanning the replies… I was horrified at finding out that people were finding it hard to get to the toilet on time and had resorted to using pads. It took be back to my SCT holiday and I thought 'Not again!'

Then I re-read and realised what was going on… so mightily relieved (not in the toilet sense).

I was at the INFODAY in Nottingham last Saturday and someone mentioned at lunch that there were cases in the USA where Velcade was given subcutaneously (injected under in the skin in the stomach) because tests showed that done this way there were far fewer side effects and very low to no PN. I asked the question in the afternoon session and the Prof said that this was not standard practice but they were following the progress – apparently they will need to know that the general overall efficacy is not affected or compromised by this method. Velcade is my next option and I already suffer from PN so I am particularly interested in this treatment/procedure.

Anyone else heard of this?

Dai.

brocho
    Participant

Hi Dai there was a post on here regarding the sub cutaneous injections for velcade Sorry I just cant remember who it was , possibly Keith If I remember he had asked also and was told it is not being used here Hopefully Keith or whoever it was ? will see your post and answer Hope you are doing ok love Bridget x

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Dai

Did you enjoy the info day hope it did not make you too tired I hope you found it informative and relaxing and well worth going to if I am ok I will go to the London day in October

Love Jo 😛

Jentay
    Participant

Hi Dai,
    I mentioned the use of velcade subcutaneously a couple of months ago. There was a report of a paper given at the ASH conference stating that it was almost as effective used subcu as it is when given intravenously, and that the side effects were greatly reduced. I do have a link to the article but each time I try to add it to a post on this site the whole message disappears. If you'd like the link then email me on:
    Sues9491@aol.com

I did ask my consultant about it when I knew that I would need more treatment. (I'd had Velcade before and found it highly effective so wanted to know if I could have it again.) He knew about the report but said that they were monitoring the situation in the UK. Maybe you will get a more positive response.

Jen.

DaiCro
    Participant

Thank you, email on the way. I am very interested in this development, especially as I already have PN courtesy of my CDT course of treatment.

Much obliged 🙂

dai.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Velcade’ is closed to new replies.