Velcade

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  ozzy 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

bandityoga
    Participant

Good news, Ian is free from infection from his spinal wound and he is being moved on Tuesday (to rehab we think)in Falkirk and starting on velcade and steroids. He had one cycle of CDT but could not tolerate it. Anyone on velcade?

Maureen

BADGER
    Participant

hello Maureen

I am on velcade at the moment I have it Sub Q an injection once a week into my stomach on day one 20mgs of Dex and cyclophosphomide 250mgs some people have a higher dose of this but i need a renal dose(damaged kidneys) day 2 another 20mgs Dex this regime isnt so bad and i am coping well with it the only problem seems to be a drop in Hb so have had to have some blood hope Ian gets on well with this
    Regards Jo x

eve
    Participant

Hi Maureen

My husband did 6 cycles after CTD failed for him,tolerated it very well,went on to SCT and is now in remission .hope every thing goes well with your husband.

Time soon passes,the worst thing was having to go to the hospital bloods in the morning then home and back again twice a week,use to look forward to the week off.Eve

KeithH17
    Participant

Hello Maurine,I found Velcade to be very receptive and so worked very well for me.I did get tired during the day and there was some constipation but that's par for the course with most if not all of these treatments.

I start with CDT Tuesday and hope it does the trick as I haven't many options left.

Hope the Velcade works for you Maureen.

Keith.

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Maureen,

I did very well on Velcade, reaching complete remission after 6 Cycles. I had to have a cannula for each infusion but it is much better these days with a quick and painless injection into the stomach… as with Jo.:-)

I relapsed quickly after reading full remission and I would have done better to have carried on to the full 8 Cycles… just to stamp it in but the medics were happy to stop at 6 and what was I to know?:-(

The best of luck to Ian with his treatment… I hope it works well and quickly for him… but remember to ask for the full amount of available Cycles if is does… it will be worth it.8-)

Dai.

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Dai

Thanks for your reply. Ian is a little anxious at staring chemo again as he could not tolerate CDT. He is not walking yet but hopefully it won't be too long until he goes for physiotherapy and rehabilitation. It will be nice when he comes home.

Maureen

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Keith

My husband will start taking Velcade on Wednesday. He is a little anxious as he could not tolerate the CDT. Hopefully he will not have severe side effects.

Maureen

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Jo

Thanks for your reply. Ian is a little anxious starting chemo again as he had severe side effects from CDT. Does he have to have strong doses of steroids?

He isn't walking yet so he will be in hospital but we are hopefull he will get some mobility when he receives physiotherapy and rehabilitation.

Hope you are keeping well.

Maureen

bandityoga
    Participant

Hi Eve

Ian is a little anxious to restart chemo as he had severe side effects from CDT. He will be in hospital as he isn't walking yet but we are hopefull that with good physiotherapy and rehabilitation he will have some mobility.

He is being moved to a hospital nearer our home but I will have to look out for him as he was an inpatient previously and they did not take a note of his fluid input and his feet and ankles were badly swollen.

Will keep you updated.

Maureen

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Maureen

velcade is not so bad as for dex i take 20mgs twice a week Ians consultant can ajust the dose if needed but its best to try and take the full dose if possible he may be able to tollerate 20mgs
    Regards Jo x

ozzy
    Participant

Hiya Maureen
    I have started Velade and Dex today but like you Dai the old way with the canula my hospital doesnt do it yet with the injection in the stomach/side. I had 6 courses of CDT originally took poorly on the 2nd course and had pneumonia so I must admit to be a bit nervy this time round. I have a cold and cough already so that worries me. I will watch and wait for the tingling in my fingers or the ringing in my ears.
    Best wishes
    Ozzy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Velcade’ is closed to new replies.