Welcome Paul

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  OutdoorsPaul 12 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Debs
    Many thanks for the advice,just been to have my first consultant check since being discharged 13 days ago.I have Lychains Myeloma so now have a name to it!(As I am a walker I have Named It "Beinn Myeloma" my next mountain to climb!)
    I am half way through my first cycle and finished taking a 4 day dose of Dexy.Side effects have not been to bad to honest and I feel better in myself about 2 weeks into it.The good advice is to listen to my body which i am doing and keeping active.Red wine still OK thoe I think I might try different varieties just in case only small glasses thoe!
    Debs I have joined the under 50s site so hopefully catch you there to but i will still be using this main site to.
    cheers Paul:-)

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hi Mavis
    Thank you for the lovely welcome to the site I attended my first consultants apt today and found out that I am a Lightchains Myeloma person…
    So my consultant has told me that i dont produce para proteins its a different form.So sorry cant help on that one,completely agree about reading up on things and this web site is great and all I have corresponded with have been really helpful.Keep in touch Mavis
    cheers Paul:-)

Gill
    Participant

Hi Paul I am so pleased that the dex is not affecting you Good luck with the rest of your treatment and do still pop in to this side of the site as well as the under 50s Stephen (husband with mm) is 56 and was diagnosed when he was 53. Stephen and dex did not go well together, and it is great to hear that it does not affect everybody in a negative way

All the best Gill

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Thanks Gill for the posting,its early days but fingers and toes crossed!!:-D

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Welcome Paul’ is closed to new replies.