WELL THE DEVIL IS BACK

This topic contains 26 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  tom 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author

BADGER
    Participant

Dia Thanks for your lovely reply they are giving me a low dose as UCH now believe lower doses can be just as effective they will introduce a lower dose of cyclphomide later 250 mgs
    Love Jo x

BADGER
    Participant

Scott
    I will keep up the fight i was determind to do what it takes the first time as I will this time planning a trip tp Majorca next may so something to aim for:-)
    Love Jo x

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi Jo I've only just seen your post and very sorry to hear of your relapse.
    As you say 2yrs 8mths is'nt at all a bad remission,mine was 4mths less.
    Still it is disappointing when you find yourself back to square one.
    Like me I know you will face up to the ogre head on and once again beat it into submission.

Take care Jo and do keep us up to-date.

Keith.

tom
    Participant

Awww Jo

Sorry am late in this one 🙁 and also sorry to hear The Devil is back the (B A S T A R D } (((bet i get away with that one he he)))
    And your remission after CDT was good and with that in mind they say that if your first line of treatment gives you a good remission then the follow up will be as good if not better8-)

And sorry your Bum is sore 🙁 but am sending cyber rubs 😎

I and you know you will crack this next set of treatment and be up and running soon:-D loads of love and Big Hugs (((xx))) from one "Onwards and Upwards" to Another "Onwards and Upwards"

Love Tom xxxxx
    ps now lets see if I get away with "The Word" 😀

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Kieth

thanks for the encouraging words I will face upto the ogre Like you have done I am really glad your second SCT seems successful:-) never never give up
    Love Jo x

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Dear Tom
    you did get away with it how clever thankyou for my cyber rubs they helped but it was ouch ouch!! on the day:-( I am determined to crack this next lot of treatment Dex is working its magic so not much sleep there then still walking as much as poss Dr Yong at UCH cannot stress enough the importance of exercise for Myeloma patients so doing as I am told some times;-)
    Lots of love and ((hugs))J0:-) 😀 😀 😉

tom
    Participant

Hi Jo

Well am well pleased the "Cyber Rubs" worked (gosh i love this internet lol)
    Am sure you are gonna crack this and all other treatment that you may need to take 😀

Jo I also would love to give you my Email addie t.lappin1@ntlworld.com and hope its ok for you.

Love and Hugs ((()))

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxxxx

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Jo

I must have missed this post last time I was on site. I am gutted that you have to start treatment again – you were doing so well and so upbeat. However, that will stand you in good stead for this next round of the battle. Your PP levels sound low so was the treatment started just because of your kidney problems? Excuse my ignorance, but can't they just treat the kidney problem without the chem? I guess thye know what they are doing, but you know me, less chemo is baest. I'm so glad that they are giving you low doses. I agree with what Dai says, that it is worth hearing what the Americans are saying about lower doses being just as effective.

Have they talked about giving you Velcade by injection instead of infusion? I read it has lower side effects. I do so want this to be easy for you.

God bless and keep you in these next days and keep you looking forward.

Much love,

Mavis x

BADGER
    Participant

Dear Mavis

they are treating my MM early because of my kidneys on failure last time I had 22% bench jones which was a major factor in the failure so although my PP's are low the bench jones is rising so they thought better early intervention would be better I am having velcade infusion at my local hospital in Hertfordshire but UCH have said if need be I can change to them for the injection so we see how it goes
    God Bless thanks for your kind words love jo x

BADGER
    Participant

😎 Hi Tom

thanks for the mail address that was a (((sooper))) thought 🙂
    Love Jo8-)

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Jo,

If they can offer you Velcade sub-cut then demand it… there is no comparison – sub-cut has far less side-effects, is easy peasy to administer and has none of the kerfuffle about finding a vein and butchering the back of your hand with cannulas.

Every new Velcade patient at my hospital is being treated this way – so don't 'wait and see'… start with sub-cut and keep it going. 😎

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Hi Jo

Not a problem Re Email addie 😎 as they say its good to talk 😀
    Hope ur doing well and this cold snap (that we have here in Sunny Scunny) aint too much for you 😀

Love and Hugs (()))

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘WELL THE DEVIL IS BACK’ is closed to new replies.