What to expect during SCT

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  mriampositive 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

macklebae
    Participant

Hi Nuala, thanks for your post, really useful information. I hope your continued recovery goes well. Regards,

macklebae
    Participant

Thank you Mulberry, that was such an informative reply, so grateful you took the time.

Regards

mriampositive
    Participant

Hi All
    Thanks for all the information. I have had 4 cycles of DVTD which unfortunately didn’t work in the 4th cycle. I have now had 3 cycles of KDR which have worked well. I was about to start my 4th cycle when I got a phone call to say that a bed is available for me to have the transplant on Monday next week. As I am on morphine I am taking laxido and senna to ease constipation, a lot of posts have said that they had diarrhoea should I stop taking these a day or two before going into hospital.

lakedis
    Participant

Hi mriampositive. I can’t answer your question definitively but I can say that when I went into hospital in April for my SCT I wasn’t constipated but I rapidly became so. Whether it was anxiety, melphalan or something else I’m not sure. I received the melphalan on my first afternoon in the hospital and then had the stem cells 2 and 3 days later. I continued to feel constipated until around my 6th day in hospital (2 days after the second day of stem cell treatment) and then diarrhoea started to kick in which continued (not too badly) for about 5 days. Hope that helps.

mriampositive
    Participant

Lakedis thanks for that information, I will keep taking the laxatives and speak to the nurse or doctor in the hospital.

mriampositive
    Participant

I’m going into hospital tomorrow and the plan is to give me my chemotherapy on Monday. I plan to listen to the advice on this thread and take snacks and drinks with me. Is there anything else that is a definite requirement that I should take with me. I will leave my hair brush at home 🙁.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.