worried sick

This topic contains 18 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  jmsmyth 12 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

DaiCro
    Participant

I have noted that a lot of people with MM (here and elsewhere) have have problems with crushed vertebrae either at prognosis or shortly after… mine certainly started that way.

As for rib pain… I have had several gripes recently that semi-convinced me that my MM was back (after 8 weeks remission)… but.. as Janet noted… I have been sitting in a different chair with a different position and the pain normally coincides with long sessions in that chair (not noticed at other times/situations). I do know that I have extensive bone damage that will never repair… and that stresses, strains and postures can aggravate the damaged areas and cause cramps and pains Move, gently stretch and after a few minutes the pain disappears… so I do not believe that it is indicative of something evil lurking under my rib-cage. 🙂

Dai.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Dear Mavis and Dai

Thanks for your replies. It is reassuring reading your experience of this type of pain. It gives me hope. Frank still has the pain but he said it is a lot easier than Wednesday. It really scared me – I have never seen him in so much pain – and such a terrible colour. Dai as you say – sitting the wrong way. Frank has been like a man possessed getting house in order for Christmas and the wedding. I kept telling to stop and that me and the boys would do it – but you know what Men are like!!!!

Thanks for support and good wishes

Love Jean x

Mari
    Participant

Dear Jean,

I am so sorry to hear that Frank has been suffering such pain, and that you have had the worry of seeing him go through it, there is nothing worse than seeing your partner struggle with awful pain and not be able to help. I hope he is feeling more comfortable now and has some good pain relief to fall back on if he needs it. One slight word of warning, when Steve was using codeine for painrelief when his back was giving him grief he ended up with the most awful constipation, which really exacerbated his discomfort. We tried to adapt his diet to help but in the end he found movicol the most helpful. Being less able to move about down to the pain did not help matters either.

I do hope that both of you are feeling better and you can really enjoy Christmas with all your family, i know they will be with you very soon,

Much love Mari xx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Dear Mari

Thanks for your good wishes. He still has the pain but it has eased a little. We are going to see consultant on Thursday. You are right about the constipation. When we went to the hospital the consultant gave him a script. Although still has pain he is much better form. Yes Mari the first son arrives tomorrow. We are both so looking forward to having all the boys home at same time and of course the wedding. I hope you and Steve have a wonderful Christmas and a healthier new year.
    Love Jean xx

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘worried sick’ is closed to new replies.