The Myeloma UK Discussion Forum aims to provide a place online where anyone affected by myeloma, AL amyloidosis, MGUS and plasmacytoma can safely share their feelings and experiences.
Myeloma comes with complex and individual issues that bring both highs and lows for patients and their families. We hope all of these occasions are reflected in the posts so that those who use it can share and support each other during these times.
To ensure that everyone gets as much as possible from the Discussion Forum please read the following terms:
- Please note the username you register with is the one that will appear automatically when you post a message to the group.
- The Discussion Forum is moderated by Myeloma UK staff. We reserve the right to delete messages containing strong language, defamatory or abusive comments, commercial or advertising content, or any other content we find unsuitable or inappropriate. Posting such messages could lead to you being immediately and permanently banned from the Discussion Forum. The Discussion Forum should not be used to publicise or recruit to market research. Myeloma UK has a formal process for handling market research requests.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting such messages contravenes the terms of registration and posts will be removed
- Although the content of posts may be moderated, Myeloma UK is not responsible for screening, monitoring or verifying such content, including the content’s accuracy, completeness and reliability
- Any opinions, statements and other third party content are those of the respective author(s) and not of Myeloma UK. Spamming is not permitted.
- By joining the Discussion Forum you agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you, or Myeloma UK. You should not disclose sensitive personal information in your messages as all posts are public – be conscious of security and confidentiality, both your own and that of others.
- Any impersonation is unacceptable and will result in you being banned as a registered user of the Discussion Forum.
- Information posted on the Discussion Forum is not meant to replace the advice of your medical team. You should ask them if you have questions about your individual situation.
These registration terms are reviewed on an annual basis.