10 Years this Tuesday

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  bajabell 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

bajabell
    Participant

Hi to all,

Tomorrow May the 19th will be 10 years to the day from my Allo transplant ….. As mentioned before I was super lucky to have an older sister who was a 6 x 6 match for my bone marrow. She was able to provide two bags of her marrow over two days and effectively help me get 10 years further down the road.

To everyone out there in the Myeloma World …… Keep fighting and I send you all my best wishes for a good outcome.

Also a VERY BIG thank you to all at the Bone Marrow Transplant Department at UNIVERSITY COLLEGE HOSPITAL LONDON for the wonderful care you gave me in 2005 and for looking after me in the last 10 years.

All the best,

Richard Bell

charlie67
    Participant

Hi Richard, 10 years that amazing. What made you go for the allo graph, and did you have an auto graph first? Charlie Usher

bajabell
    Participant

Hi Charlie,

I did not have a auto first ……. What made me go for an Allo was that my sister was a 6 x 6 match for my bone marrow …… so just DUM LUCK really . The other factors were that I was YOUNG and well enough for the procedure and I had a great team of Doc’s at UCHL …… so it was then a matter risk assessment.

I figured that if I took a high risk with the Allo in the first six months then I had a chance of a good recovery and a lasting remission. As it now turns out 10 years on I was very lucky again, so so good.

All the best to you and all under 55’s

Cheers,
    Richard

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘10 Years this Tuesday’ is closed to new replies.