I’m just replying to question of how I was prior to sct. In short, I was pretty unwell, very painful to walk even short distances but I’d done well with the vcd treatment so the team wanted me to have an sct. The sct took a lot out of me and I lost a huge amount of weight, but the enforced rest in hospital really helped my back!! I attained complete remission but relapsed after 3 years. More chemo cycles and the team wanted me to have another sct. However I decided not to have sct.
My only advice is to go along with your dad and have a discussion of your concerns and come up with a plan. Having an sct isn’t urgent and can wait a little while so the team may wait a couple of months for your dad to get back some fitness.
No decision is easy but if it’s thought through and discussed then it does help.