15 months after stem cell transplant

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tony642 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Just to let those know who are either about to have stem cell treatment or still recovering, life will get better.

Up until last week, I thought I would never be the same again. It’s about 15 months since my stem cell transplant and today for the 1st time I run up the hill to my house(500 yards) without thinking about it and have not had my daily sleep in the afternoon today. I feel great!!

So hang in there!

That is great to hear! Well done you! I’m 18 months in and still suffering fatigue most days.

All the very best,

Steve

loneowl
    Participant

looking for ideas to send little presents into self isolation after STC approx 3 weeks expected we plan to send lttle pick me ups either through amazon or the 1 visitor allowed.

Would you have any idea what would help having gone through this?

tony642

After having STC myself it appears to me that we all respond differently to the treatment. Mine was 2 years ago and I can now lead a relatively normal life. I still get tired in an afternoon, but so long as I pace myself and accept that it will happen I can enjoy life again.

Sorry I can`t help with the presents idea as I am not very good at that kind of thing, but there is hope, and things will get better! Had I not had SCT, I am told that I would not be here now, so for me everyday is a bonus, even if its not a particularly good day healthwise.

Regards, Tony

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.