18 month diagnosis

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  denisgriffin 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

leicslad
    Participant

hello my name is steve, i am 63 yr old i was diagnosed with myeloma by my doctor even before i went to hospital. hospital confirmed it. i have been having hospital appointments 12wk, 6wk and 8wk. i have had bone marrow, ct scan(mri scan not allowed) skeletal x-rays. hospital check paraproteins now at 33 and varying. haven’t had major symptoms bad back and tiredness only. hardest part is the waiting game it is now playing with my head and emotions, how long is the fuse i have left. i am a very positive person but for how long. hospital gives very little away probably because they don’t know. it is just a waiting game early diagnosis must be an advantage.  steve

tonyf
    Participant

Hiya Steve, just read your post, you call yourself leicslad, does that mean you live in Leicestershire. I run the Leicestershire & Rutland  Myeloma Support Group, my email address is:

tony.farquharson@btinternet.com

If I can be of help please email me.

Regards

Tony F

denisgriffin
    Participant

Hi Steve,

Yes the psychological side can be as tough as the physical. Good advice from Tony as you will find talking with other patients and their families a real help. They have travelled the road you are on.

Denis

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘18 month diagnosis’ is closed to new replies.