2nd Line of Treatment

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  davidainsdale 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ree2112
    Participant

Well a few days before being admitted into hospital for my ACT I get the call telling me my blood test has protein in and my transplant is postponed again.So I’m receiving treatment again. Another 4 cycles of Velcade, Dex and Dara. I’m 3 weeks into the first cycle and I feel like I’m going through it this time round. My tastebuds have changed,I’m having cramps and muscle spasms at all times and sweat I’ve didn’t sweat this much in the summer. I’m always tired although I do sleep quite well. I’m hoping that this will stop soon as I don’t remember suffering like this during my first treatment. I need to read my notes from 2 years ago.
    I’m seeing my consultant on Thursday so fingers crossed there will be some good news. I’ve got a few questions to ask her must write them down in my note book.
    I’m trying to work full time but since treatment started again I’ve managed to work almost 1 day. Oh well..
    Enough moaning time to get on with it. Another day living with Myeloma.

davidainsdale
    Participant

Hello ree2112

Sorry to hear that you are having a few side-effect problems with your DVs treatment. It does seem very hit and miss as to how it affects different patients.

I had eight cycles of DVd starting October 2019, and am now on Cycle 33 of monthly maintenance. It does seem very effective, and no real problems apart from some fatigue and a bit of neuropathy.

If you look through some of the earlier posts in the Treatment section of this Forum, you’ll find some more detailed comments from me and other contributors about 2nd line DVd treatment.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your treatment.

David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.