2nd sct any ideas?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Mari 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

zasrs
    Participant

Hi All

gordon had a 2nd sct in november and has been home two weeks, to me he seems to be making little or no progress, he is still on daily GCSF, twice weekly blood tests, transfusions of blood and platlets. He has the occasional anti sick meds and feels very weary, all things i expected but i did expect some improvment for his sake, by now, he is getting quite depressed, and taking it out on the family, which all understand but it does get waring!!

Happy christmas

Sarah

brocho
    Participant

Hi Sarah sorry to hear Gordon is suffering In my case it took ages before I turned the corner , its something that cant be rushed unfortunately There are a fair number of people who seem to be back to full energy in a matter of weeks , which can leave you feeling as if theres something wrong There isnt !! Please tell Gordon to try not to let it get him down he will turn the corner when his body is ready and not before, being such a grim winter doesnt help , hopefully Gordons spirits will lift soon Hope you have a wonderful xmas love Bridget x

Gaye
    Participant

Dear Sarah – I have had two SCTs and the second one was harder to recover from. In my case it was Hb levels but they never came back to 'normal' levels and I have been on blood transfusions ever since. So he is not alone and let's hope that all the counts will start to rise sooner or later. Remember the treatment is not so powerful as the first and his recovery may take that bit longer. Hang on in there Sarah – I can understand Gordon feeling depressed but I had mine 3 years ago so I hope that will give you a belief that it does get better.

I wish you all a peaceful Christmas.
    Love, Gaye x

zasrs
    Participant

Thank you bridget and Gaye

most bloods now back to normal except the hb and platlets, so maybe like you gaye he will need regular blood tests, small price to pay!I dont think going to work in the cold helps much how do you stop them it is what keeps him going!

have a lovey christmas and a pain free healthy New year.

with love

sarah xx

Mari
    Participant

Hello Sarah,

Sorry I have only just picked up on this thread. I hope that now time has passed and Gordon is starting to pick up. I only have experience of Steve's first SCT but his recovery was very slow at first and sometimes it seemed as if he was going backwards at times. I dont want to 'teach my grandmother to suck eggs' cos you guys are all so much more experienced than me but I am hoping that he is feeling much better and the blood levels are getting there. Those Hb are always the hardest to get back,

Lots of love to you both and Happy New Year,
    Mari xxx

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘2nd sct any ideas?’ is closed to new replies.