3 Months Post SCT

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Jet 12 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

Glad to hear you are doing well Jet. I keep meaning to ask everytime I see it mentioned, How is Revlimid administered – tablets?

Kindeste regards – Vasbyte

David

Jet
    Participant

Hi Helen

In answer to your question about how long it takes to get over the SCT… think of a piece of string. As you must know by now, and as we ALL have learnt, everyone is SO different. It would seem that the younger and fitter you are prior to the SCT, the easier it goes, but it so depends how you respond to the chemo, as those symptoms take time to dissipate once you go home.

I am 50 and now just over the three month mark and in some respects 'over' the SCT, but like Helen says while I have energy to do things such as cycling, walking, Tai Chi, cooking, weeding, etc. I get tired around late afternoon and tend to sleep for longer at night. I don't have a nap during the day, but I often need to sit down and do nothing much, e.g. watch TV, use the computer, listen to music, read, etc.

I'd say the beginning of feeling 'over' it came around 2 months afterwards, but it's so hard to pinpoint… at some points I noticed a distinct step-up, whereas other things seemed to change more gradually. The thing to bear in mind is that it DOES get better.

Best wishes
    Jet

Jet
    Participant

Hi David

Yes, Revlimid is in capsule form. The trial protocol is for 25mg per day, but my consultant was keen to give a lower dose, as the lower dose has been found to be effective in previous trials at the maintenance stage. So, due to my decreased kidney function, she was able to prescribe 10mg per day, with the option to reduce it to 15mg every other day or 5mg per day, if I had nasty side effects.

Like Deb, so far nothing to complain about, just a bit more fatigued and sleepy than I was, so I just rest and sleep a lot. As yet, no taste issues or leg cramps, which I had at the initial treatment stage and was anxious about this time.

Jet

helenpageuk
    Participant

Many Thanks Jet and I am so pleased and inspired to hear that you are doing so well. Long may it continue

Best Wishes

Helen

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘3 Months Post SCT’ is closed to new replies.