50th wedding anniversary

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Perkymite 11 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Perkymite
    Participant

Hi all, I am looking for ideas for my 50th wedding anniversary in November. Any suggestions would be welcome, no matter how wild they are 😀

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

eve
    Participant

Hi David
    How about renewing your Vows,I should imagine as you got marries 50 years ago,things were hard,Do it in style,a lovely day to remember.Eve

anndrysd
    Participant

This isn't really a suggestion, but last Monday we celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary by revisiting the Queens View, a beauty spot to the north of Glasgow where we had gone for our engagement. We live a long way from there now but circumstances took us to the area. Well, it was tipping down with rain and we couldn't see a thing – Ben Lomond, Loch Lomond -completely invisible. We did have the place to ourselves, surprise, surprise, and the day still felt very special, and I suppose that's the point.

BADGER
    Participant

Well David
    It depends if you want family and friends to celebrate with you you could book a nice hotel for the night with a celebration dinner depending how many people there are and then all have breakfast together in the morning
    a mini honeymoon with company!
    Love Jo x

Perkymite
    Participant

Thanks for the suggestions Girls. Nothing from the Boys but ahh well!

We actually renewed our vows on our 35th. I wanted to do it on our 25th but the wife is not a romantic like me 🙁

However, for our 35th I add a holiday in Singapore, Seychelles and Mauritius. We had the four original bridesmaids; they could not get into their dresses though 😉 . It was great and went really well the only problem we had was Mo had a DVT in Mauritius and spent 4 days in Hospital. I managed to persuade them to let her out and take the blood measurements on the beach at the hotel. I vowed at the time to take her back and finish the holiday ? you never know!!!!!!

Kindest regards ? vasbyte

David

Helen
    Participant

Hi David
    Do you have much time to do this? My idea may take a while but it is special.
    I suggest you buy, make, steal, borrow or invent a small gift for every year which matches with the years.
    For example anniversaries have names, this will be your golden.
    1st year is paper then there is leather ,tin, copper, china, pearl, silver etc
    So for paper you could find a piece of paper, a card, a memento, a newspaper or something that reminds you and hopefully your wife of your first year of marriage.
    Leather might be a keyring, a shoe or something, maybe that reminds you of shared milestones, a child's birth. Pearl a pair of earrings etc, quite a bit of research but if you have family and friends who could aid and abet you could wrap them all up, put them in a basket et voila a present, terribly personal. For the years which have no names and there may be some, I've not thought this through thoroughly, put those years together, book a weekend break some where like your honeymoon or a favourite holiday destination and put the booking slip in an envelope. Write her a letter with the years neatly typed and then let her open them and guess where they fit in. Better have a pencil ready, and a tissue:-)
    A gift to be opened in front of the family, then a nice meal out or a party I think.
    Love Helen

tmc
    Participant

Hi David
    How exciting 50 years! Will look forward to hearing what you have planned for November.
    Love Teresa

Perkymite
    Participant

That is a good idea Helen but I do not think I will have the time to sort it all out. Just about every month we are away somewhere, this month is the Scilly Isle next month Minorca and so on. But I might adapt it somehow.

Kindest regards – vasbyte

David

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘50th wedding anniversary’ is closed to new replies.