A difficult harvest

This topic contains 39 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  DaiCro 11 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi Mari.
    Great news. Have a fantastic holiday.
    Love Andy xx

Ali
    Participant

Hi Mari

What a relief! Well done Steve! Have a much deserved rest, enjoy your holiday.

Love Alison x 😀

eve
    Participant

Hi Mari
    Yes they do not hang round at Kings,Slim was due the same ,Hickman line day 1,then other events took over and he came out of hospital.

So glad you are managing that holiday,it will be the best thing in the world to build Stephen up ready for his SCT,and give you a well earned break before you start the next round.

A few months ago things looked bleak,and here you are with every hope of buying more time,I think we should coin a phrase,Never give up!!!! Love Eve

Helen
    Participant

Dear Mari
    That is good news and the holiday is a lovely bonus, have a good rest and enjoy it.
    Love Helen

Vicki
    Participant

Hooray Mari, well done Stephen! (I reckon he was making you sweat a bit for the holiday….LOL 😀 thanks for the encouragement and we hope you have a great holiday. We are going to enjoy our summer, over the next two days probably! LOL

Keep us posted how it all goes Mari, and I will do the same.

Take care all and enjoy your weekends.

Eve, how's slim doing?

Vicki

Elizellen
    Participant

Well done that man!!

I am so pleased to hear enough cells were harvested and that you can go on that much needed holiday.

My SCT was similarly timetabled too – no hanging about for days between processes seemed good to me.

Love
    Eliz

DaiCro
    Participant

Great news Mari, Stephen has done well to get to 2.1m… exactly the same as me. Due to my extended week on the harvester my Hickman Line fitting had to be moved but they had already booked me in for my Mephalan for the following Wednesday (presuming my HL had been fitted on the previous Friday).:-P

So I had to have my Mephalan and rinse through a cannula in the back of my hand… which was not ideal and I spent some time talking to Hughie through the big white telephone in the bathroom. The nurse said that that would not have occurred if I had had a Hickman Line… but it was an experience I suppose.;-)

Good luck to Stephen for the Trio of events on consecutive days… none of them are traumatic… even the HL fitting is painless, if a little rough with pulls and tugs but nothing to write home about.:-)

I hope that you both enjoy your break… relax and chill, all I am sure will be well.8-)

Dai.

eve
    Participant

Dai
    Slims writing home about his HL,4 hour job,veins thinning as HL progressed,then getting it round a bend,head honcho called twice,Slim coming up looking like death warmed up,saying he will never never have that done again.( may be that,s why his HL is still in).
    I think it does vary from patient to patient,but as Stephen has had one before he should be ok. Love Eve

tom
    Participant

Well done Mari and Stephen great going and am sure you will kkep it up through the Transplant

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" as we say 😉 xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Ouch!!!! 4 hours??? I'd be writing a horror story, never mind a letter. Slim's veins must be akin to optic fibres. When is he due to have it out? At least that shouldbe much easier. If it looks like being a rough job I'd ask for a sedative at the very least.>:-(

I had mine (badly as itturned out) fitted by a radiologist Doctor whohad the benefit of a full x-ray machine and monitor to guide the line to the right place… sounds like Slim got the thin straw to me Eve.:-/

Here's hoping the exit strategy is better that the entry.:-P

Dai.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘A difficult harvest’ is closed to new replies.