A year on

This topic contains 8 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Perkymite 11 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi everyone.
    Well a year ago the words multiple myeloma entered my life! What an emotional and physical roller coaster it's been. So many drugs, hospital visits/stays and generally feeling under the weather. So where am I a year down the line – I've proven or should I say the disease has proven very stubborn to all the the standard treatments. We've just come back from a lovely holiday in – the first time abroad in over a year – though I did have a cough and cold and a couple of infections when I got home! Though they didn't happen till we got home phew! and when I visited the hospital I was told my paraproteins were down from 32 to 24! the lowest they have been since diagnosis.
    That's year one sorted now to continue the battle into year two.

All the best everyone with your battles
    Take care
    Andy xx

tom
    Participant

Hey Andy a Well done thus Far, Keep it going My Friend it does get better 😀 and soon be more of those (lets rub Toms nose in it) Hot Hot Sunny Places 😎

Good Luck in keeping well 😀

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" x

adamsp41
    Participant

Well done Andy…keep on "kicking it between the legs":-) …good luck in year 2…hopefully with a few more sun breaks…Phil

eve
    Participant

Hi Andy
    I know it,s taking a long time Andy,but it is getting there,you look back at that year and wonder how you managed to get through it.

I can remember thinking about are first year and saying to a friend it cannot get any worst and it b—-y did,laughing now but at the time it just was so awful,but got through it.the body can only take so much physically and mentally,everyone is stronger than they think.

I hope by the time you are posting 2 years on,you will be like Slim in remission,and a long one as well .Love Eve

BADGER
    Participant

HI Andy
    glad you enjoyed your hols I bet you got the cold from the airplane that often happens to me I have taken to putting vaseline in nose it seems to form a barrier well thats one year over I am sure you will kick the devil into touch we must all stay strong and stubborn;-)
    Keep well
    Jo x

Vicki
    Participant

Andy

Thats wonderful news. You should have more sunny holidays and then those pps will be dropping again. So glad to hear that despite the cough and cold etc on your return.

We are back on the treadmill. Gcsf injections started yesterday, prelixafor Tuesday night and then we are down to Bristol on Wednesday for another gomat harvesting. I'm dreading it! A friend of my parents has just had his first go at harvest, with gcsf alone and got a score of 31 and harvested all the cells required for SCT….so pleased for them but it made me feel even more dreadful about our third and final go. Apparently this prelixafor is 80 percent successful….let's hope so.

Still that's enough of us. Really hope you carry on in the direction you are going, and still basking in the warm of having returned from a lovely, sunny holiday 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

scott9
    Participant

Hi Andy,

Well done to you. Coincidentally I have just come to my anniversary as well. Its now two years for me. As you say life is a roller coaster. I'm back on chemo treatment as the light chain readings had headed north again. Hopefully the new treatment will sort it out again. Thank goodness there are various options to try these days.

Stay strong.

Scott

Helen
    Participant

Hi Andy
    Glad to see you had a good holiday, let me know when you are back in my neck of the woods.speak soon
    Love Helen

Perkymite
    Participant

Well done Andy, Just keep bl—y well going Myeloma does not like that at all:-D

kindest regards – VASBYTE

David

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘A year on’ is closed to new replies.