After CDT

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Helen 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Carolsymons
    Participant

Can anyone tell me when you start to feel "normal" after CDT? I have 1 more week to go, but am as weak as a kitten, suffering a multitude of side effects and frankly fed up. Do you ever return to how you were before the drugs, which in my case was fit and healthy (well apart from this sneaky cancer)

Carol

charisma4
    Participant

Hi Carol,

It took 2-3 weeks for me to feel 'normal' physically and mentally. It felt great to have a clear head again.Hope it works out the same for you.

I know it's hard, but be patient.

Lesley

Davehogan
    Participant

Hi Carol hang in there I finished mine in January by Feb I felt great a couple of weeks should see you ok

tom
    Participant

Hi Carol
    Well as you know we all differ, I was a fair few weeks before I felt better(ish) and near on two months before I felt great and looked it, was it ? Is it the old me ?.? Well I have to say no but this new Tom is doing good thus far and I know I can't do what I used/want to do but it's close enough for us.
    Stay strong a lot of us have to alter our way of working and playing.

Love Tom onwards and upwards ( but slower he he) xxx

janw
    Participant

Hi Carol

Well I must be the real wimp of the bunch, because it took me a good three months until after my SCT until I had enough energy to walk up and down stairs in the house and a further three months until I could spend a couple of hours up and about without collapsing back to bed feeling exhausted! As Tom states, we all are so different in our recovery process. My consultant estimated myeloma patients usually feel much better three months after SCT.

Regards
    Jan x

Helen
    Participant

Dear Carol
    I'm also wimpy! Between my RCD chemo ending and harvesting was 4 weeks and I worked full time til then, feeling more and more tired but ploughing on. I went off sick when I started on the injections as they were likely to make me feel fluey and I did feel rough even though I'd had 4 weeks off chemo. Then there was 3 weeks between harvest and transplant. I felt really well….. Better than I had for 5 years for the 1WEEK before transplant. Then I took 10 months to recover from transplant before being fit enough to go back to work, and I haven't felt as well as that week since! I managed a year back at work even over my recent relapse but have been off for the last 3 months since my 3rd cycle of Velcade as this has been a more fierce treatment for me. We are all different but it can take longer for some and shorter for others, sadly I find myself in the 'longer' category!
    Helen

alpenator
    Participant

I stopped CTDa after 4.5 months as my paraprotein had dropped to 3 and I was suffering very badly from side effects spending most days in bed.
    Consulatant said that I could stop and I see him in 5 days time to arrange bone biopsy and scan to confirm remission.
    It is now 10 days since I stopped and apart from tiredness and blurry vision all of the side effects have gone. Some PN remains but that is slowly getting better.
    I reached the stage when I could not continue so am glad that consultant agreed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘After CDT’ is closed to new replies.