Allergies

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Carolsymons 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Carolsymons
    Participant

As far as I am aware I have never been allergic to anything in my life but….I am 4 1/2 months post SCT and last week I walked through some long grass while on holiday in Croatia and developed a rash on both legs. Yesterday I picked morello cherries here in the Serbian Republic and now I have a raised rash like mosquito bites on both arms. Mind you there is a mosquito plague here as there is still water lying around since the floods some weeks ago, but the lumps are not from bites. Has anyone else started to develop allergies since transplant? I am guessing if you lose all immunity to childhood diseases then you also lose resistance to other things as well? If so I am going to have to be more vigilant.

Carol

• This topic was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by  Carolsymons.

finn
    Participant

Hi Carol

I am the opposite, I used to get hay fever in spring/summer but after SCT earlier this year I have not had any symptoms! Every cloud…

Hope yours is just a blip. All the best

mhnevill
    Participant

Don’t know about bites, Carol, but enjoy Croatia!

Although I didn’t have SCT I still am more open to infections. I have had cellulitis of the legs several times.

All good wishes for lots of good days.

Mavis

Carolsymons
    Participant

Thanks Mavis

I stil have a bit of a rash….may be from the sun? I think I read you should be more careful in the sun after chemo. As I am planning to spend lots of time on the beach when I return to Australia, avoiding the sun will be a problem.

Carol

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Allergies’ is closed to new replies.