Allo options

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Philipandfiona 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Philipandfiona
    Participant

A little background. My husband was diagnosed April 2012 after snapping his femur. 4 cycles of CTD and an auto SCT in September lead to a complete remission. There were indicators for a good long remission period. Unfortunately 1 year on, the anniversary blood test showed 5% paraprotein and the BMB confirmed it. My husband is 47.
    He is starting velcade on Friday.
    We are waiting for a meeting to discuss options after the velcade, if we get a complete remission again. We understand that it may well be maintenance or allo SCT. Given that it came back relatively quickly after the auto SCT we may not have the option of other treatments.
    Can someone help with telling us about life after an allo SCT? I think the doctors can tell us the risks of going through the treatment but we are more interested in what happens next?
    my brain's a bit befuddled at the moment as I feel we've been completely sucker punched so any help, information or assistance, even in he the questions we need to ask would be really helpful.

Thank you

eve
    Participant

Hi Fiona

I am sorry to here your news, it really hits home after going through a SCT, I know its hard but you will come to terms with the disappointment, this is were you need to take deep breaths when you find yourself thinking about how unfair it all is:-S

try to remain positive it just might stay at 5 percent, they tend to start treatment again when its over 10 plus other factors, Slims reached 30 percent, before they started treatment,

if Phillip is not on treatment at the moment, would you consider useing Curcumi tablets, it cannot do any harm if he is not on treatment, reading the myeloma beacon, a number of people think the tablets help, .

as for allo transplant cannot help, I know a few on here have had them, try Jet I think she has, if you do not get any reply, s on allo, send her an e mail.

I know you both must be gutted, its a horrible position to find yourselves in, my best wishers to you both.love Eve

Philipandfiona
    Participant

Thank you do much for your reply,

The docs are keen to get cracking on treatment with velcade now, they don't want to wait until it gets worse. I'm not sure why they're not monitoring fora bit, I think it's because he is otherwise healthy so they see no point waiting. I guess we'll have to pass on the curcumi this time.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Allo options’ is closed to new replies.