An improvement to posts stats?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  andyg 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

andyg
    Participant

Hi Web Team.

Firstly I must tell you it’s my Dex night so I may ramble on a bit.

In my chemo muddled brain I seem to remember talk of adding to posts how many times that particular post had been viewed. I may of imagined that but I personally would think it would be a good idea as it would help posters realise that what they write is not being ignored as they may think is the case if they don’t get many replies.

I seem to remember our old forum had this.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and 2017 lives up to your expectations.

Every day is a gift.

Andy

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi Andy, Great idea. I would also like to throw in the mix that I would like to be able to “follow” members so I am alerted to new posts so I don’t miss their progress and also want to support. Probably a big ask but it would be nice.

susie
    Participant

Hi, I think they’re looking to move this forum to Health Unlocked aren’t they. I had a message from Kyle a while ago, telling me about it and when I told him I’d prefer to stay on this forum, he told me they’ll keep it for the time being and review in 6 months. Hope I’ve got that right.

I’ve had a look at Health Unlocked and don’t particularly like it. Don’t know if either of you have looked at it.

Happy New Year

susie

rebeccaR
    Participant

Hi susie, yes I am on health unlocked for kidney issues – don’t use it much and doesn’t have the same feel as this forum – shame if that is the case as i feel it will “dwindle” considerably in participation. Oh well, guess we’re adept at coping with change – albeit reluctantly! Happy New Year x

louishenry
    Participant

It seems like this forum is underused and the Facebook group is overused. We’ll see what happens with the health unlocked forum.

susie
    Participant

I know a lot of people have moved to facebook. I don’t have an FB account and neither do I really want one. It will be such a shame if this forum disappears.

chris55lees
    Participant

I was diagnosed in June 2012 and especially the way the forum use to be , it was so useful and supportive . Why was the forum changed a few years ago? Who decides when it is changed ? Do the users have any say in it? . The changes made last time resulted in a number of regular users who were a great help and support to many of us beginning the myeloma journey leaving the forum and moving to face book . It will be such a shame if this site deteriorates as such a forum can provide so much support to patients and their families .

andyg
    Participant

Hi all.

Unfortunately when the forum was changed a few years ago it was virtually unusable for quite a few members. Messages wouldn’t post the kept disappearing and there was logging in problems too. These problems took time to resolve and by the time they were resolved an awful lot of members had move on to the Facebook group.

I agree with Louis this forum is now underused which is a shame as the different topic headings are a much easier way to get help than the vastly unorganised Facebook site. Don’t get me wrong the Facebook group is very useful but I’m finding it to busy now and it may even collapse due to its success.

Every day is a gift.

Andy x

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘An improvement to posts stats?’ is closed to new replies.