and a new relapse

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  wendyduffield 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

piatkaz
    Participant

Hi Been on velcade i just started my 8th cycle of velcade the light chain results were rising minimal but have risen now to 70,Got to nip to Birmingham tomorrow and discuss my next treatment,oh was looking for some time off treatment possibly going on revlimid what are the side effects of this and what is the procdure in taking it
    Thanks Ian

andyg
    Participant

Hi Ian
    I'm on RCD. Revlamid is taken orally for 21 day then 7 days off. I don't get many side effects from the Revlamid but it can make you tired and depress your neutrophils. My main problem is with the cyclophosphamide side effects which are nausea for 2-3 days after taking it. It can also depress your neutrophils mine hover between 0.8 and 1.1 mostly with the occasional foray either side.
    You may get Revlamid on it's own and hopefully the side effects will be minimal.
    Good luck at Birmingham.

Every day is a gift

Andy

wendyduffield
    Participant

Hi Ian

oh bug..er, sorry to hear that velcade hasn't worked for you but at least 70 isn't too high (at my last test my Kappas were 77). I'll be on Revlimid when I need to start but hopefully that wont be for a while. Definitely try and get some time off before you start your next treatment as your light chains aren't high enough or rising steeply enough to do any damage. Keep us posted

Wendy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘and a new relapse’ is closed to new replies.