Another Newbie!!

This topic contains 29 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  tom 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

doddel
    Participant

Thanks all. Hopefully my dad is able to defy the Dr's too.

tom
    Participant

And a "Well Done" That Kath 🙂 what great news to see on our site another one that proves the Dr wrong 🙂 and long may it continue

Tom xx

michelleakitt29
    Participant

Hi Donna

Just wondered if you managed to get to the hospital for second opinion on thursday with the weather.

with love michelle x x

doddel
    Participant

Hi Michelle,

Didn't need to go – Dad saw the consultant last Saturday when he was taken in re his confusion. The second opinion was worse than the first – now instead of months its weeks.

On the plus side he's not been confused this week and after all the fluids, blood, platelets and whatever else they gave him on Saturday his counts have maintained. Back up to oncology on Monday to get it all checked out again.

Think we are all just taking each day as it comes, trying to be positive and not getting our hopes up all at the same time.

How is your mum doing?

michelleakitt29
    Participant

Hi Donna

Thanks for the reply, have been thinking about you.

I am sorry that you did not get any better news, enjoy the time you have with him, I know its easy for me to say, I understand taking everyday as it comes and everyday is a bonus.

Mum is doing ok thanks, very very tired and itching with the chemo, but seems ok at the mo.

take care and love to all, keep us informed how he is.

with much love michelle x x

doddel
    Participant

Will do – thanks Michelle. Having a family tea tomorrow, definately trying to make the most of the time we have. One of my sisters is in the process of trying to cancel/postpone her holiday – Australia/New Zealand for 4 weeks leaving New Years Day.

Hope your mum get the itching sorted out, that was one of the side effects that my dad didn't get.

Love Donna xx

michelleakitt29
    Participant

I think they will be able to cancel/postpone due to the circumstances.
    Have a lovely family tea tomoz, thinking of you.

with much love michelle x x

doddel
    Participant

We have had more bad news – Dad got taken into hospital last Sunday and we were told on Monday that he only has days left. Its been really hard but they have told us they will keep him comfortable – had to chase them up yesterday a bit but he was comfortable when I left him last night.

This b l o o d y myeloma is a nightmare!!

doddel
    Participant

Hello,

It is with a heavy heart that I let you know my dad passed in the early hours of Friday. It had been a tough 3 years for my dad but he never complained once – and as sad as I feel at least he is no longer in any pain.

michelleakitt29
    Participant

HI donna

I am so sorry to hear your Dad has passed away, My heart and love goes out to you and your family at this sad time.

with much love michelle x x x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Donna

I am sorry to read that your dad has passed away. I have been following your posts and was saddened to here the news. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Love Jean

Gill
    Participant

Oh Donna

There is so little I can say, I am so sorry.

My daughter is called Donna.

I don't know if you are aware that the name Donna means lady.

I just bet that you were one very special lady in your dad's life.

Wishing you strength and comfort in the weeks to come

Love from Gill xxx

brocho
    Participant

Dear Donna I am so sorry you have lost your dad to this awful illness There is so little anyone can say except he must have been so proud of his daughters and couldnt have been more loved Treasure the memories , he will always be with you love Bridget x

doddel
    Participant

Thanks all for the lovely messages. Dad's funeral was yesterday – it was hard but the services (one at church at one at crematorium) were both lovely and very comforting and the number of people that turned out to pay their respects was astounding.

My dads last words of any meaning were for no-one to fight and fall out so that will be his legacy.

Just have to try and have a normal christmas now especially for my daughter and my niece plus my dad was a big christmas and new year person (always last to remove his cracker hat).

Hope you all have a lovely christmas.

tom
    Participant

Oh Donna I am so sorry, for two things first the sad loss of your Dad, you have my deepest sympathy and second the delay in passing my Condolences on to you and your family.

Words are a small comfort I know but am sure they help you and your family at this sad time.

Love and Hugs

Tom xxxx

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Another Newbie!!’ is closed to new replies.