Another newbie

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  CarolBradley1 12 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

StephG
    Participant

I just wanted to say hello. I joined the forum today, after browsing it last night, and I found the posts really positive and supportive when I was at a low ebb. So, I just wanted to say thanks for helping me out of it.
    I'm a carer for my husband, Andy, who was diagnosed with MM late last year. I knew that he has found the forum really useful – and so I thought I'd have a look. This is a whole new world and a scary one at that.
    So, thanks again.
    Steph x

OutdoorsPaul
    Participant

Hello Steph and Andy
    Glad you finding the site both informative and supportive,your right its a whole new ball game but there's lots of people on here who can give good advice.:-D

tom
    Participant

Hi Steph

A Warm Welcome to the group, am sure you know by now that this "Mob" will help you get out of any Low Ebb that the MM has and will cause you and Andy to have we tell them to keep chin up (chins in my case)

As you know we tell people carers and MM'ers to take it one day at a time.

Not forgetting to rant and rave on here if the needs must we all understand, once again welcome to YOUR Group now

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xxx

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Steph and Andy

I am sorry you have had to join our "club". I am a carer to (hate that word). My husband Frank has MM diagnosed in 2006. They are truly a great bunch here, you will get friendship, support, advice comfort and hugs. It has been my lifeline and I know you will get a lot out of it. Ask anything and I'm sure someone will have an answer.

Take care
    Love Jean x

BADGER
    Participant

Hi Jean

how are you and Frank is he behaving himself like most men I suspect not
    looks like you have had a bit of good weather in NI lets hope it lasts have you booked a get away yet for this year
    Love Jo x

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Steph and Andy

this is not a place most people think they would have to join but welcome
    everyone here is so supportive and helpful there is usually an answer to any questions you might have and Myeloma help line is priceless
    Keep well
    Regards Jo x

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Steph & Andy, may I wish you both a 'wish you didn't need to be here' welcome… but here you are and so are we but in no time at all it will be just 'us'.:-D

It's never 'only me', there is nothing new, from the most personal of side-effects (toilet troubles etc.,) to major procedures… there is always someone just ahead of you and soon you will be answering those just behind you… because experience is all.8-)

Welcome.:-)

Dai.

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Jo

Good to hear from you. How are you doing? Hope all is going well for you. As usual Frank is driving me nuts – but love him dearly. Waiting for appointment for CAT scan. Still has pain is side. Some days he's good and others – bad form. Must be feeling good today as we are going out for dinner. We have had fantastic weather all week but today it turned cold again – central heating back on and supposed to have a snowy Easter!!

Have a great weekend
    Love Jean xx

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Steve and Andy.

Welcome from me too. It is good that you are now both on site as I am sure that both of you, with your differering support needs will find the help and information you need.

Wonder what treatment Andy is having? Hope things are moving in a good direction.

Very best wishes.

Mavis

StephG
    Participant

Hello Mavis
    My Andy is posting on this forum as AndyG. He's just posted an update under 'treatment'. Things aren't really moving in any direction at all up to now unfortunately as his paraproteins are being a bit stubborn. Hopefully now we'll move forward.
    Hope you're doing OK.
    Steph x

eve
    Participant

Hi Steph

Welcome as a carer you will have different concerns so i hope this site gives you some in sight,any time your worried or just need a bit of a boost it is worth coming on,so do not be a stranger,this myeloma affects people in different ways this is why they say its such an individual illness.

It is hard at first because you are bombarded with lots of information and it is a big learning curve,we have all been there so try to take it one day at a time,and learn all you can,things will fit in to place in time.

I have seen Andy s post it must be a worrying time for you both,with nothing touching the Myeloma,my husband has problems with some of his readings as they do not show,a true definition of what is going on with the Myeloma,this is why its taken so long to get to the stage of SCT.

So lets hope they get a good chemo combination soon. Eve

Elizellen
    Participant

Hi Steph!

I am glad you are posting here as well as Andy.

AS the others have said, anything you want to ask or moan about is fine with us, as someone here will be able to at least emphathise if not suggest ways around difficulties.

Eliz
    X
    X

Helen
    Participant

Hi Stephanie
    Hard luck on having to join the site but you will get good support, as Eve has said it must be hard for you both at the moment with the reluctant pps. Hope the revlimid does the trick.
    Love Helen

BADGER
    Participant

hi Jean
    nice to hear from you so Frank is being a naughty boy again Geoff is the same the worlds worst patient I am ok at the moment fingers crossed last PEP test was fine so another two months now which is a relief the weather here is still sunny but not as warm I really do hope we dont get snow
    Hope you had a nice weekend
    love Jo x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Jo
    So glad that thIngs are good for you. Frank these past couple of days has been in brilliant form. He caught me a cracker this morning for "April fool". We are still expecting snow. Can't go anywhere as Franks appointment is on 19th April and I don't like to be too far from home. Jo it is so great to hear that things are going well for friends on the forum. Keep it up and keep well.

Love Jean xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Another newbie’ is closed to new replies.