another newcomer!

This topic contains 40 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  CarolBradley1 12 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

tom
    Participant

Hi Carol

Am pleased to read your Xmas washectic 😀 yep ours was also, what with three sons with wifes/Girl friends and 5 Grandchildren aged from 10 months up to 8 years it was bedlam(in a good way lol)

Good Luck for the stem cell capture and hope its as good as mine was (enough for two on the first sitting) but at the bagging dept when they put them into three bags instead of two:-( so it was a case of giving me the three bags and that left none for a second transplant:-/ but hey ho why I say should that bother me as I wont need another, this one am sure will work for years and years 😎

Love
    Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

BADGER
    Participant

hello Caz
    glad you had a good christmas so sorry you have not been well cellulitis
    is a horrid thing and can be so painfull i wish you every success for the SCT may it all go well
    Love Jo x

BADGER
    Participant

Hello dear Tom

I am glad you are well and I hope your transplant goes on for years and years so you will not need the extra bag
    Love and ((hugs))
    Jo x

CAZ1
    Participant

Hi everyone, I haven't posted on here for a while as I had been busy building up to my stem cell harvest 2 weeks ago,which then clobbered me for a week or so afterwards with just the enormity of the whole thing and the physical after-effects.Luckily my GP is good and put me on mild anti-D's to calm the nerves.
    Luckily the harvest was good with a great CD34 count,as I developed a mild temperature whilst in hospital overnight (needed a femoral central line to get the right pressures so had to stay in until they had done the count the following morning)and the decision had been made to remove the said line before we knew what the count was as it may have been that that had sparked the temperature rise.( I think it was just too hot in the hospital)
    I'm due to have all the pre-transplant tests next week—and then my support team are allowing me to go to Spain and sit in our house there for 10 days just to build me up–hurray!! I'll need to watch my head with the sun as now have no hair to protect it.
    Hospital admission booked for 16th April and Transplant booked for 18th -so fingers crossed.
    Look out for my family in Myeloma Matters when it comes out– they're all into fund-raising in a big way.
    Love
    Carol

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Carol

Glad you've got to this point at last. Have a great break in Spain, then the best possible experience following the SCT.

All best wishes and love.

Mavis

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Carol,

Everything seems to be in place so all you can do now is to try and enjoy the ride..

… well, perhaps 'enjoy' is stretching it a bit but you sound like the sort of person who will take and make note of the experience.8-)

In the meantime enjoy your break in Spain… and while you are there try and mentally bottle some of the sunshine and save it for those small dark moments you may encounter during your SCT stay… but then again it will most likely stay unopened, unneeded and unnecessary.:-)

Regards

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Hi Carol

Thats great news 😀 evrything is moving along nicely 😎

Good Luck with the pre test.

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

Perkymite
    Participant

Best of luck for the SCT Carol. Keep going, just bl**&y well keep going, really annoys Myeloma cancer cells 😀

Kindest regards – ~Vasbyte

David

BADGER
    Participant

HI CAROL

great news about your SCT i hope all goes well enjoy your break in Spain come back fit and healthy:-)
    Love Jo x

Gill
    Participant

Best of luck with your SCT Carol. I hope it goes really well for you

Kind Regards Gillx

CarolBradley1
    Participant

Hi Caz1
    Sorry to have to meet you here but did just want to say Welcome!
    Boy, you really are having a rotten time of it all at once and must be having quite a lot of pain.
    Hope the chemo goes well and your leg mends quickly too.
    Thinking of you
    Love Carol xxx

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘another newcomer!’ is closed to new replies.