Anxiety

This topic contains 40 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  mandyphillips41 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)
  • Author

mandyphillips41
    Participant

Hi Megan and Tom and anyone else that is following me x

Thanks for asking – yes I had my second stem cells put in today and everything was fine, they bought a portable x-ray machine to my room to x-ray my abdomen to check if I have a blood clot as my ankles and legs are still very swollen – I don't think of myself as a medical person whatsoever but I do think that the swollen bits is water retention anyhow we shall have the results back tomorrow..
    Not really looking forward to the sitting/lying in the bed and waiting to lose my hair and get pretty poorly – I am so impatient!!!! I would sooner just be ill now and have it done with 🙂
    The staff are really wonderful – nothing is too much for them we are already bonding and becoming friends I feel so relaxed and settled in here already…
    Well I don't suppose I will have much to say over the next few days but I will still be visiting this site to read everyone else's progress – so good luck to everyone – much love, Mandy xx

tonyf
    Participant

Hi Mandy, hang on in there, sounds as though you have the right attitude to get through it all, regardless.
    I know where you are at, was there earlier in the year and am ok now, even the hair has come back. Any hardships are only short lived, just think when you get home the weather may possibly be summer, sunny and warm, and you can recoup in the garden!
    Best of luck
    Tony F

tom
    Participant

Hey Mandy

Don't rush that poorly bit lol, it will be here before you know it. Hope you are eating as much as you can and some as soon you won't want to eat.
    Hope your X ray is ok, stay well and strong.

Love Tom Onwards and Upwards xxx

mandyphillips41
    Participant

Thanks Tony.. thats very reassuring – about the weather at least.. haha. I love the outdoors and have such a happy social and family life I am not going to let anything take that away from me and I am going to be a Nanny in October so thats something worth fighting for 🙂 Its also my 50th birthday in October so that 2 good things to get better for..
    Mandy x

mandyphillips41
    Participant

I am eating a lot but mostly all of the wrong things – I have developed a terrible sweet tooth – got to stop it I dont want to gain the weight… I will keep you posted about the x-ray – fingers crossed I am right and the doctor is wrong. hehehe, Mandy x

tom
    Participant

Mandy it dunt matter what junk you eat it puts the weight on before you lose it.
    Can I just remind you to use Mouthwash please use it every time you go into the bathroom, every time you have nothing to do and every time you get up to walk around the room, use it as if its going out of fashion and hopefully like me you will have little mouth sores, so mouth wash every 20 mins was good for me even through the nite.

Love Tom xxx

mandyphillips41
    Participant

Thanks Tom.. I have been using the mouthwash also like its going out of fashion because mouth ulcers is something I have always suffered from and that scares me hence I also use the mouthwash and the Nystatin. Right nurse has give me a sleeping tablet as I haven't had much sleep the past 2 nights.. good night everyone
    Mandy x

Vicki
    Participant

Hey Mandy

Did not join this thread early enough! Just wanted to wish you well with your sct 🙂 you've done great, especially since you were so anxious! We so hope you have a smooth ride and can be up and about soon to enjoy being a nanny….and the social life 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

Helen
    Participant

Hi Mandy
    Sorry I haven't caught up with this either but good luck. Tom is giving sound advice as usual , especially about the eating! Eat as much as you can in the next few days, you will need all the energy you can possibly store. The ill bit for me started 4 days after my cells went back and my hair fell out very slowly from 4 days after that, I just picked handfuls off the pillow for days then most of it went. Be warned….. It doesn't all fall out, you only lose the growing hair the stationary hair can stay for 6 months but you look very moth eaten. I came home in my wig but the wispy hair I had left I kept for about 3 weeks before shaving it all off. Just keep drinking lots and moving as much as possible in your little cell for as long a possible and then just rest. You will get through it, I spent a lot of time if not sleeping just lying very still and doing relaxation exercises and listening to the radio.
    Love Helen

Mothas
    Participant

Mandy good luck with it all. You're a few weeks ahead of me. I'm starting my SCT treatment next week.
    Say hello to Liverpool for me, many happy memories of the city. From where you are do you get a view of the mersey?

mandyphillips41
    Participant

Good Evening everyone

Well I will have been in for a week tomorrow and to be honest I don't know where the time has gone.. I had my SCT on Thursday and so far – so good!! Couldn't feel better if I tried. Its a real weird feeling laying/sitting here waiting to feel poorly.. when you just feel good.
    Sorry I have not much to tell but it really is as simple as I have said – all done!!

Talk Soon

Mandy x

mandyphillips41
    Participant

Hi Mothas

Unfortunately I do not had a good view of the Mersey. But the rooms with the view are half the size of mine so I decided I would much sooner have the space.. 🙁 SHAME

MANDY X

tom
    Participant

Keep on keeping On and you stay well, am sure some folk have escaped it with little side effects lets hope you are one of those.

Tom Onwards and Upwards xxx

Kazzam2
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    I am still fairly new to this site, I have just read through your posts and would like to wish you well. I had my SCT in January, it does pass, my hair is growing well enough that I do not wear a wig now. I have a lot more energy now and my appetite much improved that I think I should watch my weight!
    Your positive attitude will see you through.
    Best wishes
    Karen x

mandyphillips41
    Participant

Hi everyone

I have nit been on here for a while, well after saying how well I was feeling in the hospital after the SCT – then I got it!! My mouth started first and I can honestly say that I am fanatical with my mouth and my teeth I always have been! But I still got the ulcers so I couldn't eat or drink – that lasted about 4 days or so then I was sitting on the toilet for the best part of 2 nights I was so exhausted and the pain was unbearable!!
    Saying all that I got through it and was even allowed home a week early so I was only in for 3 weeks instead of the planned 4.
    Since being home I am doing ok (ish) I am very very tired and sleep a lot but hardly ever wake up feeling refreshed but I have been told that is what fatigue is.
    I have posted another topic about my legs, when I am in bed they are very painful and heavy, I went for an MRI scan on them yesterday as the doctor thought it may be spine compression from the Kyphoplasty operation that I had done just prior to my SCT but it wasn't so we are still left wondering on that. I am going to try an exercise bike to see if it is bad circulation.
    Apart from the legs and a little anxiety I think I am doing ok.
    I am hoping to try to go back to work in about 6 weeks just for a few hours a day and see how I get on.
    I truly hope everyone else is doing the best that can be expected at whatever stage you are at

Much love to you all

Mandy

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Anxiety’ is closed to new replies.