Anxiety

This topic contains 40 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  mandyphillips41 10 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

tonyf
    Participant

Hi Mandy, bit grim in the SCT area. I hated being in solitary, but hey you get through it and you have. I imagine you, like me, will get stronger as the days go by. I used to set myself tasks to do, achieve them and go on to the next one, it worked for me.
    Best of luck going back to work, I've retired so didn't have that to look forward to. We do have a border collie dog and my biggest ambition was to take him out on his daily country walk, I did that after about 6 weeks post transplant, slow at first,bit anxious,but daily routine and welcome exercise now.
    My SCT was early Feb and I still get fatigued, though not so much, used to take a nap during the day, but not every day now, can still sleep in the chair during the evening and go to bed and sleep for 8 hours, takes me a while to get mobile in the mornings however.
    Hope you feel as though you are doing ok.
    Regards Tony F

john62
    Participant

Hi Mandy
    Well done i was in the royal for my sct over xmas.

They are the best.
    I never lost weight but lost my hair it has grown back curly,

I walked round the room as much as I could,
    don't stand don't sit if you sit keep your feet elevated
    keep the blood flowing
    100 days hear come.

well done again john

mandyphillips41
    Participant

Hi John
    Yes the staff at the Royal were amazing!!
    Thanks for the advice over my legs. I have just come to bed and the pain has already started
    I have also been advised to drink lots of water to flush the rest of the chemo put of my system so I doing that
    Really really looking forward to my hair growing back now it gets me down when I look in the mirror but I suppose that's a woman vanity thing – I just really miss it!
    Anyway as they say 'onwards & upwards'.
    Glad you are doing well – carry on !!!! thanks again
    Mandy x

tranka
    Participant

hi mandy my mum has just been diagnosed and she has anxiety too she takes a long while to get to sleep very anxious but they put her on stronger sleeping pills and last night was much better x

mandyphillips41
    Participant

Hi. Sorry you didn't give your name. How old is your mum? Yes I still have trouble sleeping sometimes I don't even bother going to bed. But, just lately I have stopped sleeping in the day (that's another battle to stay awake). Lol. Can't win! But I go to bed at 8 pm and generally sleep till about 2pm then I get up & make a drink then lay on the couch watching the tv. Hopefully this will improve. Good luck to you & your mum. If you ever want to know anything just ask if I can help I will. They told me I was one of the unlucky ones and had just about everything but the most important advice I can give is to try and stay positive. Mandy xx

tranka
    Participant

Thanks it's good of you to reply my names Tracey it's hard at minute she's so up down I think it's the Dexs I have lots of questions running around my head mainly fear of the unknown x she's 74 and so tiny it's hard to see her ill as she was very active hope things improve for her soon and hope things improve for you good luck Mandy kind regards tracey

tranka
    Participant

well its day 21 and the dexs are making mum bad tempered is this normall thanks xx

tom
    Participant

Hi Tracey

Sorry to hear about your Mum 🙁

But the Dex made me "Grumpy" though my young bride never told me till it was all over and done with (love that woman)

Good Luck to your Mum on her road to remission.

Love Tom Onwards and Upwards xx

tranka
    Participant

Thanks tom think I just let it go over my head with humour she can be bad tempered doesn't bother me long as she's ok xx

daisychain
    Participant

Hi mandy

just read your blog and it was so good to see that you have done so well and our some of fabulous blog team helped you through your recent journey.

i too have suffered badley with anxiety although it has reduced significantly over time 🙂

i too went back to work approx 3 months post sct on a return to work pr0ramme my advice based on my experience as as a HR practctioner is to try and get your company to get you access to an ocupational health advisor to support through your return as it wont take long before your company will treat you as if you are 100%
    for work and you may feel under pressure to prove that your are when realistically you may not be for many months.

on the anxiety front you may be interested in the book below it has really helped me
    amongst other booksand councelling

the cancer survivors comnpanion by frances goodhart and lucy atkins[quote][/quote]it provides practical ways to cope with your feelings after cancer.

best wishes
    dawn x

mandyphillips41
    Participant

Hi Dawn
    Thanks for your message. Well yes I am back at work and last week found myself in tears and it was my daughter whom said to me that I was expecting too much from myself and because I was unable to do what I expected to, then I broke down and felt useless. I worked too many hours each day too. I am self employed so I am going to take on more staff and take more of a back seat (fingers crossed because that's the plan). I do hope everyone is doing well at the moment
    Love Mandy x

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Anxiety’ is closed to new replies.