Anyone from South Yorkshire.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Izzie 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mollymoo
    Participant

Any sufferers from South Yorkshire and if there are, could you tell me where you have to go for treatment. When we return from Bulgaria, we will be settling in Rotherham and I am wondering where we will end up having to go to recieve Erics care. Thanks x

eve
    Participant

Hi Molly

I do not know anything about South Yorkshire ,but replying to boost it up,as sometimes post gets passed over. Eve

Mollymoo
    Participant

Thanks Eve.

teds31
    Participant

Hi Molly, Sorry I’m not from South Yorkshire, I live near Leeds, I go to St.James for treatment, brilliant place though. Ted

docmike
    Participant

hi molly
    The Royal Hallamshire Hospital Sheffield .
    Mike

Mollymoo
    Participant

Oh that is great news, I was fearing that we might have to travel to Leeds.

Thanks Mike

Izzie
    Participant

Hi – I live in South Yorkshire – half way between Doncaster and Barnsley. I was initially diagnosed at Barnsley hospital but they did not have any clinical trials so I opted to go to Doncaster. I had the majority of my treatment there as an out-patient attending once a month for a bone strengthener administered intravenously, blood tests and to collect medication. When my paraproteins came down I was then transferred to the Hallamshire at Sheffield with a view to having stem cell therapy. My stem cells were removed early March and I am just waiting for the phone call to return to the Hallamshire to have my stem cells put back in!

I suspect you could do the same ie have the majority of the treatment at Rotherham and then to Hallamshire but your consultant will obviously be the best person to ask. Anyway hope this has helped – Good Luck.

Best Wishes
    Izzie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anyone from South Yorkshire.’ is closed to new replies.