Anyone Near Cannock?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Sandyann 11 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

AMorgan123
    Participant

Hello all

Are there any Carers or Patients living near Cannock, Staffordshire?

My husband, Bob (58) was diagnosed with MM 8 weeks ago and although we're both coping with the disease and the Myeloma XI Trial treatment, I'd like to meet up with people in a similar situation and have face to face chats.

I currently feel very isolated as a carer and know that at some point soon that isolation may boil over into other things.

Unfortunately, The two nearest Groups are either in Birmingham or Burton on Trent, both more than 30 miles away and my job takes me all over the country so I will not always be able to make the meetings.

Hopefully there's someone living nearby who fancies the odd coffee morning/get together.

Amanda. 🙂

Lorna
    Participant

Hi Amanda

We live in Wolverhampton! 🙂

Mike (he with the myeloma) was diagnosed in 2010 a few days after his 55th birthday.

I know exactly how you feel about the lack of support groups and I'm more than happy to meet up for a coffee.

My email is: luvlylorna63@hotmail.com or you can find me on Facebook if you search for "Trelawna Austins" (I didn't change my surname when I married Mike last year and my first name is a pain lol.)

We also have a blog http://www.lornaandmickyour-loma.blogspot.com

Lorna x

AMorgan123
    Participant

Hello Lorna!

This is fantastic news (the fact that you live so close, not the illness) 🙂 .

I'll send you an email with my contact details and we'll set up a get together.

I look forward to meeting with you soon.

A. Xxx

Sandyann
    Participant

Hi Amanda,

No you are not alone believe me, I live in Stone and my partner was diagnosed in February this year. He is also on the Trail treatment, just finished 8th cycle and now going forward for SCT Initial preparation in next week before harvesting.
    I work full time, so unable to meet up during week, but hey would be glad to meet some evening or just chat over line.
    After so many months of pressure, you do start to wear down. He is only 55 so similar age group. Where are you under, we have attended Stafford but transplant will take place at North Staffs ( hopefully for Christmas )
    Keep smiling 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Anyone Near Cannock?’ is closed to new replies.