Back Pain

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  susie 10 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

susie
    Participant

Hi All, I know I don’t come on here that much, but I often do come on this site and see how you are all doing. I just have a question I hope someone can answer. I’m just an MGUS person. My paraprotein is stable and checked every 4 months.
    Over the past few months I’ve had alot of back pain. I’m sure its mechanical. I have arthritis which causes a lot of general pain, so I find it hard to distinguish whether it is to do with the MGUS progressing or just the arthritis.
    I’d be grateful for some advice please. My best wishes to you all.

tom
    Participant

Hi Susie

Sorry in my late reply and am sorry I cant help as so far i have a little bit of back pain but its (or so am told) arthritis ???   am sure your bloods will tell your Consultant if the Myeloma has kicked in and my advice would be to talk to him or his secretary and ask for more bloods to be taken and let them have a look.

Good Luck and I hope you stay as you are for years and not  need treatment

Tom Onwards and Upwards xx

teds31
    Participant

Hi Susie, I am a smoulderer and have had back pain but as I am 82 I think that may have other causes in your case if you are having 4 monthly tests I think they will pick up any problems as far as MM is concerned.Do you have blood tests on the day you go to see the Doc or do you have them a week or more before, I used to have them on the day I saw the Doc and of course the results are 4 months behind, I now go to my surgery and have them done 2 weeks before and then when I see the Doc the results he looks at are up to date. Ted

susie
    Participant

Tom and Ted
    Thanks for replies. In answer to your question Ted, I get my bloods done a week before my consult, which I now have by telephone. As I said in my first post,when you have arthritis it is hard to know when pains are just due to that. I’m due bloods next month so I’ll wait till then before worrying.
    Good Wishes to you both
    Sue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Back Pain’ is closed to new replies.