Bad Breath

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tom 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

TinaP
    Participant

Since my SCT last month, I have suffered from bad breath. I brush my teeth twice a day and use a mouth wash.

Anyone any ideas? It must be a side/after effect of the chemo drug used just before the transplant.

Take care everyone
    Love
    Tina

Vicki
    Participant

Hi Tina,

May. Ot be much help, but question, have your mouth ulcers etc gone altogether yet? Could that be a cause? Colin was given muguard to do mouthwashes and the good old fashioned salt and water mouthwash a few times a day? Wonder if that might help. Also do you have a really dry mouth as that might also be a cause, I remebr the hospital giving Colin some cream to sort of rinse around his mouth to make it have more saliva?

Just me guessing but I hope it helps 🙂

Vicki

tom
    Participant

Hi Tina

Sorry to hear about "The Problem" I never (or i dont think i did) suffer with it ?? but this might help is by chewing Gum am told its good for you to chew it helps mave saliva.
    Hope it helps and hope its soon sorted.

Love Tom "Onwards and Upwards" xx

TinaP
    Participant

Thanks Tom,
    Never been a fan of chewing gum, but I will get some and give it a go.

Tina

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Tina,

I recommend Wrigley's EXTRA. I don't use chewing gum that often but I do find the EXTRA very, very, good at freshening my breath.:-D

Good luck with it… but I would ask your local pharmacist for advice too!8-) 🙂

Regards

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Your welcome Tina but am not a fan of the stuff myself but i do chew every now and then and it gives me wind, I burp a lot and the young bride (elaine) knows i have been chewing ha ha.

Good Luck and hope your soon sorted

Love tom "Onwards and upwards" xxx

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bad Breath’ is closed to new replies.