Been Home for for about 3 weeks,

This topic contains 9 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 11 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

TinaP
    Participant

Hi.ALL,

Been home for abount 3 weeks. Stil not feeling well, Not eating, but drinking plenty of whole milk Coffee,
    Can manager cerereal and a banana with ice cream.
    Consulant said I had a bad time, and it will take me a long time to receover.

I am feling quite down about all this and find my self in tears. I also get to go bed and sleep quite offten

Pepople say it could take up to a few months to recover. I find this hard to bear.

Sorry to moan, but who else can i talk to who understand.

Thanks so much.

Love to you all

Tina P

eve
    Participant

Hi Tina

Yes it does get you down,I felt things would never improve always worrying about Slim,and I am just the carer,you have been through so much,it is expected,but there is only one way to go,and thats Tom,s way.
    The expectation that things will improve on a day to day bases does not happen,often felt Slim was taking one step forward and two steps back.

Sorry to tell you this,but Slim took a good six months,and still eats small meals,if he finds something new he likes,he will eat it every day,pies are the latest,gone off so much food,fruit vedge,meat,and fish.but other people just seem get better quicker.

Plan something every week,so you have something to look forward to,even if its just going out to lunch.Love Eve

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Tina,

Yes, it can take a few months… even 6 months or more to get to that point where you feel almost normal. But that doesn't mean that you will feel as you do now for all that time. Your getting better will be a slow but steady event. I imagine that you will feel weak and easily tired by taking on certain ventures (like going out shopping for the first time) but feeling weak and easily tired does not equate in anyway whatsoever with feeling ill. 😎

Your feeling ill is an after effect of your SCT and will soon pass. You will grow stronger day by day, week by week and although you will hardly notice the difference it will occur and you will soon notice the difference between now and then.:-)

You have only been home three weeks… give it another three weeks and you will feel different again… I would not be surprised for you to feel substantially better re: feeling ill, although you will still feel weak… especially if you over-do things.:-|

Take your time, take it it easy, don't push yourself and let your body dictate what you do and how you do it.8-)

You are in this for the long haul… hopefully with a SCT remission that lasts years and years… don't give up on it after only three weeks… you have, if not all the time in the world, time enough and plenty for those things that are important to you. 😀

Much love and best regards 🙂

Dai.

SueM
    Participant

Hi Tina,

It will get easier ,I'm six months post asct and finally feeling more human .
    I was in for a month and didnt have an easy ride and was shocked how i felt after it.

It was very frustrating and tough but i just tried to think this is part of it and accept it ,hoping i would be like others and feel normal again.

I slept a lot and still need a day nap ,but made sure i walked downstairs once a day and moved my limbs ,sat up in bed at times to prevent complications.

I didnt have the energy or brain lol to post 3 weeks after mine so youre stronger than me 🙂

Your stomach will have shrunk if you didnt eat much in hospital and i found i had an oversensitivity to chemicals so ate grapefruit segs,fresh cherries and grapes and finally eggs with a little bacon and cheese and tomato sandwiches over the coming months.

Keep trying to smile and doing what youre doing .

Protein foods are important to help your bone marrow recuperate so try adding a little of those if you can .

Wishing you feeling better and stronger thoughts

take care
    Sue

LizMaywood
    Participant

Dear Tina

dont be too hard on yourself! My transplant nurse said dont compare how you feel day to day, but week to week- which actually was really good advice.

As for eating I lived on tinned custard for a few weeks!! I found after 6 weeks I could actualy do things- I made my 1st Xmas cake! Do things at your pace- but just make sure you have lots of nice things in your diary to look forward to, coffee with a friend etc. You will find you suddenly feel stronger and better, this will happen when your body is ready. Sleep is good.
    Take care, Liz

tom
    Participant

Hey Tina
    Its not a moan Girl its an observation that you cant do what you did before and or want to do now, you have undergone "Major Surgery" I know we have no large scars no gaping wound and no stitches to show off but it is Major op we have had.

Being weepy doesnt make you week it will make you better tears are a good release for us.
    As for the sleep it is helping us heal when we sleep, get some exercice not too much as your body will tell you it might only be a little walk/stand in your garden to walking a "Little" bit further.

It will take its time and the other replys are correct time is a great healer so take your time Tina as I am near 3 years post sct and still get tired if i do too much and i want to cuss BUT this is better than what it could have been.

Big Hugs

Tom "Onwards and upwards" xxx

TinaP
    Participant

Fingers crosssed, but I'm starting to eat a bit more, this is giving me more strength.
    I think I feel a bit better, but not shouting it from the rooftops yet.

Love
    Tina P

andyg
    Participant

Hi Tina.
    It's good news that your feeling better. Long may it continue and improve.
    Best wishes
    Andy xx

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Tina,

Perhaps it's not quite rooftops time but you can shout from an upstairs window… Unless you live in a bungalow of course.:-D

You will get better much more quickly now you are getting an appetite.8-)

Dai.

Vicki
    Participant

Dai you are so funny! That made me laugh.

Tina give yourself a pat on the back. I thought Colin would never eat anything again. When he ate a small pot of fruit in syrup I nearly did a victory sprint round the hospital. I get the impression from the others that it's a long slow progress and they've really stressed that to us at the hospital so you do a slow but sure approach to it 🙂

Vicki and Colin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Been Home for for about 3 weeks,’ is closed to new replies.