Being job less

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pips 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

paulapurple
    Participant

I write a blog. This week I have looked at the effect of being job less and last week’s contribution was about hair loss. Have a look. I’d love to hear your views.

https://mymyeloma.wordpress.com/

pips
    Participant

Brilliant post..

I am in the same situation now this week suddenly jobless.

I have made the decision now to return to work and i am in the process of applying  for early medical retirement. It will be a difficult process no doubt led by HR ..

Seven years ago it was sheer panic and a turning point in my life when I discovered that I was going to live or not live with the uncertainty of myeloma..

Now I have relapsed and Myeloma is back again live in my life for a second time but this time I know that I  have to say  good bye for good to my work.

I have  relapsed after 7 years of a good life with no medication and I worked all of that time but I know now that a second stem cell transplant and a second journey to get myself better means that I can’t hope or plan to return to work.. I feel now weaker and more importantly I know that there is now no guarantee of how long I will have …

but suddenky  this week..I find myself fir the first time in my life …jobless ..

It feels both liberating but at the same time extremely frightening…to be jobless as I feel that I have indeed lost my identity and my sense of purpose…suddenky  emptiness has invaded me and I am left vacant…

Strange,  it is only this week since  I am jobless and already when I am asked what I do, I can no longer even respond …

I no longer know who I am and I still can’t and don’t want to say …I have cancer and all I do is wait to see if the treatment is going to work to buy me some time …as in essence that is what it is …

of course I know I am immense grateful that I have been given 7yezrs of a good life and I lived a normal life ..almost a normal life and better in a way knowing that I was given a second chence …

but now a relapse and jobless is harder and devastating..

I will of course have to re invente myself and find  a new bearings but right now I feel lost

Pips

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Being job less’ is closed to new replies.