Bendamustine 2nd Cycle

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Vicki 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

KeithH17
    Participant

Hi everybody

Christmas went very well although I could have felt a bit better. Platelets now down to 14 and falling. I've been blowing blood from my nose although I'm no longer spitting it as the chest infection has now abated.
    I saw my Consultant today and told him how I've been feeling and he said although my Platelets are very low it was important that the treatment continued because of the number of Plasma Cells in the marrow. I had my 1st infusion of Bendamustine (2nd tomorrow) I also had platelet transfusion and Zometa so it was a full day on the ward.
    I asked the Doctor why my Platelets were so low and he said it was a combination of the treatment and the activity of the MM Cells. He also mentioned that as well as the bad Cells not working the way they should the good ones were not either and said it could be a form of Dysplasia which I have heard of although don't know much about. If the Platelets continue to be slow to recover then more transfusions will be given.

Hope you all had a good Christmas with decent health to go with it.

Keith.

Helen
    Participant

Dear Keith
    Glad you had a good Christmas, I had an extra guest who was so picky with us it might have been better if she'd stayed somewhere else! But we survived it. Whooping cough now gone, got a cough and cold starting now instead, whoopee!
    It's really odd how different each of us react to the drugs and the disease, speaking as one who seems to have been sledgehammered by the drugs into remission, I still have a neutrophil count of 1.4 and white cells of 3, everything else is totally normal. I suppose the drugs and the mm cells messing around with the bone marrow means it doesn't respond in the way it ought to or used to do? i hope the bendamustine does its work.have a good new year, I off to stay with friends in Yorkshire.
    Love Helen

KeithH17
    Participant

Hello Helen
    always lovely to hear from you.
    You say you have been sledgehammered into remission,in my case it feels more like submission lol.
    When I went to the hospital there was 3 of our support group all sitting there with heavy colds.
    Well it's that time of year but we always seem to get it much worse than the run of the mill punter.
    And you are right the MM cells certainly do play havoc with your Bone Marrow.

Have a happy and Healthy New Year Helen.

Keith.

Wink
    Participant

Hi Keith hang on in there buddy all of us knows mm is for us the on going daily challenge, but every day for us is wonderful,so keep your hopes going and i wish you and all mm patients the prospects of valued years to come.

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi Keith

Hope you begin to feel better as the new treatment kicks in.

All the best for 2013. May it be a much better year.

Best wishes.

Mavis x

KeithH17
    Participant

Thank's to all for your kind replies.

I had my 2nd infusion of Bendamustine today and received the results of my latest Blood test taken yesterday.
    Platelets up from 14-31 (no doubt the unit of Platelet concentrate helped) Neuts at 3.6 the highest for 5 months although Hb is still a bit sluggish 8.2 down to 7.7 having Blood Transfusion Monday to try boost it up and will be having further Blood tests twice weekly until Counts become stable.

Good Health for 2013 and beyond to all.

Keith.

tom
    Participant

Hi Keith

Well I hope next year is good for you and all of us next year 😀 am sure its no too much to ask is it??:-S
    Good luck and hope the bloods help you sooner rather than later.

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" x

KeithH17
    Participant

Thank's Tom, You're a real trouper that's for sure.

Take care mate and have a great New Year, just make sure you watch the demon drink lol.

Keith.

Helen
    Participant

Awww Keith you are welcome, I expect to see you at the info day next year, still supporting others as you have so selflessly done for some time now. Hope the blood transfusion gives you a boost for new year.
    Love Helen

DaiCro
    Participant

Hi Keith,

I was in the Day-Case Unit yesterday for bloods etc and signed up for the Bendamustine… which I will start on Monday. Consult at 10.10 then a short wait until 11.30 for my Bendamustine.:-)

My treatment is slightly different to yours. Bendamustine on Days 1 & 8 with daily Thalidomide every evening throughout treatment and 40mg of Dex each Wednesday with a course of antibiotics for the first two cycles.:-)

HGB 10.3 WBC 4.6 Platelets 71 Neuts 1.7 😎

So, all set for Monday and I'll report on Tuesday. Good luck with your treatment.;-)

Dai.

tom
    Participant

Hi Keith I try M8 I try and Thanks. But am sure I will put up a good fight with the demon Drink dont you lol. Have a good un

Dai All the best for your start on Monday, fingers crossed it work well for you 🙂

Have a good you all

Tom "Onwards and Upwards" x

Vicki
    Participant

Keith,

Just a quick note to say we hope your treatment is starting to pay dividends. You've gone through the mill, but some of those latest numbers have shown an improvement haven't they? We hope so for you, so come on, gird your loins and make 2013 a gud un! 🙂

Vicki and Colin x

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bendamustine 2nd Cycle’ is closed to new replies.