Best Wishes to you all

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PeterJames 11 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gill
    Participant

It is such a hard time of year for all of us who have lost a loved one. I know that I am still trying to come to terms with the fact that my darling Stephen (died suddenly September 2012 aged 57) will never come back to me.

One of the things that Stephen left me I class as a pain in the? Rear end is polite 2 naughtie little West Highland Terriers.

Ecosse (french word) Echo for short as in Ecosse=Scotland aged 4 and Montagne Anya for short aged 2 = french again meaning Highland. But they do what Stephen would want them to do. I want to stay in bed all day and sob. They will have none of it. I don't want to go outside the front door. The youngest will have none of it. She will grab anything (not bite but just grab) anything she can of me (including wrist, ankle etc.) and pull towards their leads.

Strange thing is for all you dog people The eldest dog (Echo aged 4) was always a "I won't ever bite (never has) but I will growl if you dare touch me" she has become very needy she wants cuddles and love the whole time. Anya is just her greedy selfish what's to eat, don't cuddle her cuddle me any treats on the way self.

Does Echo know that Stephen has gone or just sense that (at the moment) this is a sad house to be in?

Keep well all of you (that's a command) love from Gill

TerryMG
    Participant

Hi Gill,

I do not come on to the site too often. But I have thought about you and Stephen during the year as we never got to meet up even though you must only live a mile or 2 away. I tried to find your house on Google earth but was not certain that I was the correct house.

I was very sorry to hear that Stephen lost his battle in September. I am going through some major issues of my own. But I think it is those that are left behind that have to pick up the pieces have a harder time. I have been encouraging Margaret to join History classes and meet up with friends etc. I do not want her to concentrate all her energies on me and forsake other interests. I do not want her to worry about me so that when I am gone I hope there is something else to occupy her. I do not like people feeling sorry for me as life has to go on. Not as before but you now have to think of yourself Gill. You will not forget Stephen but the difficult thing for those left behind is that there are reminders during the year that may bring all the loving memories flooding back. We do not want to be forgotten but we do not want loved one to be so sad that life becomes so difficult.

So there thinking of you Kid, sorry it will be a sad first Christmas for you but I sincerely hope that things do become better for you as time goes by. Lots of love and kisses xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Terry MG

Gill
    Participant

My house is at 36 Bridge Road BR5 2BH Telephone 01689 821467 Any body is welcome unless they have evil ideas In which case my Guard Dogs will see you off 2 soppy little Westies (but don't tell anyone. Let's pretend they are killer huge dogs rather than both under 12 inches high and want you to love them to death

Stephen MADE me promise to go back to evening classes. to improve my french. change my stick men into real people. He was quite a good artist (probably comes from a building/archetectbackground

I would never break a promise

As horrid as it is I think you should DEMAND that Margaret gets on with whatever just might interest her

Ir is very hard to deny somebody that you adore but has a very short life span what they want Believe me

Love from Gill

—–Original Message

Gill
    Participant

PS I think the quote is "Here's Looking at You Kid" Come on film buffs Casablanca?????? Gill xxx

Perkymite
    Participant

Stephen was right. I know my Mo will be sad when I have gone but, like Stephen I suspect, I do not want her to do a "Queen Victoria". I have said to her and my children she must enjoy the rest of her life and if that means having a good laugh two days after I am pushing up the daisies so be it have that good laugh. Make Stephen happy.

"Here's Looking at You Kid", I tried doing a Bogey but my wife just grimaced and suggested I switch on the telly. Yes, Casablanca, I think you are right.

Kindest regards – Vasbyte

David

PeterJames
    Participant

Hi Gill
    Re my study / office wallpaper , brilliant observation , been there twenty years , we had forgotten what it was !
    As the room is stuffed full of my bits & pieces , re decorating is not an option
    Although Wife threatens to put all of it in a skip !
    I hope you have a family to keep you company over Christmas
    All the best to you & a happy as possible Christmas
    Peter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Best Wishes to you all’ is closed to new replies.