Better Days To Come

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tmc 11 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

eve
    Participant

Hi Everyone

Well it is early in the morning and the sun is out,is this the sign of better times? If I awake with a smile on my face will every one smile with me, lots of questions with no answers.
    The world just seems to go on,although my world seems to have stopped lately.
    I have always tried to look on the bright side of things,I felt so lucky to have a lovely family,lucky that Slim and I travelled so much,lucky that I have a few close friends that are there for me,lucky that i found this forum to help me through the bad times.But lately its just run out.

I said to one friend a few months ago this year has to be better than last year,it just cannot get any worse,I was looking forward to the spring,a lovely season.

In future I am going to wake up and watch the sun rise and think i was so lucky to have 16 years with my grandson.
    Lucky that Slim survived last year,and is able to have SCT
    My friends are still there minus one who died on Thursday
    Plus the family less Matty. I still have this forum to help my through the bad times and be thankful for the good news that is posted.

Life goes on,its just left me catching up a bit.Love Eve
    Life goes on,and things can only get better.

Ali
    Participant

Hi Eve

You were kind and thoughtful enough to reply to me when I first posted on here about my Mum.

You have had the most awful time of late. Im sorry to here about your Grandson and your friend passing away. There is no wonder you feel like your world has stopped, its so unfair. I understand Slim is having his SCT today, I wish him nothing but the best, and for you too. You are obviously two very strong people, to have been through so much.

Heres hoping that this spring sunshine brings about a change, starting today. Keep smiling Eve. Please keep us posted if you are able.

Big hugs to you Alison x

jmsmyth
    Participant

Hi Eve

You have really had a bad time recently. It was so sad about Matty and now your friend. I sincerely hope that things do get better for you. On the forum you sound so strong and are a friend to us all, but life has a a nasty habit of kicking us in the bum now and again. I pray that Slim's SCT goes well and the sun shines on you every day.

Love Jean x

tmc
    Participant

Hi Eve,
    My heart goes out to you and I wish I could give you a big hug and smile and cry alongside you.
    To lose your little Matty and a friend and now have the worry of Slim in hospital for his SCT seems to much to bear.
    As you know I care for my husband and there's always a calm before the storm I think your storm is passing now and with Slim receiving his SCT and the good outcome that will bring your storm will be over and bright days ahead.
    So as hard as it is, try to stay positive, and as you say to me, deep breaths and stay as calm as you can it rejuvinates the soul.
    I am thinking about you both so very much.
    Both my parents died when my husband was diagnosed and then he went for SCT so I can really feel for you and only imagine how low you can get but somehow we get strength from somewhere to carry on.
    As you say life goes on but somedays it feels as if we have stepped off for a while.
    Do take great care of yourself and Slim will be back home in no time with you and your family.
    Love Teresa.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Better Days To Come’ is closed to new replies.