Bit overwhelmed…should I be concerned?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  tmcintyre 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

enkayinfrance
    Participant

My husband was diagnosed five months ago after multiple fractures.
    He responded really well to the treatment until about three weeks ago when light chains and symptoms have started increasing again. Stem cell treatment was scheduled for September initially but now may not be until December, depending on his progress.

It’s all complicated by living in France so language can be a bit of an issue.

Should I be concerned or is it normal to go up and down like this.

tmcintyre
    Participant

Hello,

I can’t answer your question but I can tell you that my husband didn’t respond to induction treatment until eventually they found something that did work. It took 11 months to get him ready for Stem Cell Transplant. I think your husband will probably be tried on a different combination of drugs, there are several options available.

My main reason for posting is that there is a UK Myeloma Support Group on Facebook where there was a member who was also being treated in France. I think he left the group for a while but his wife was still posting. It might be worth your while joining the group.

all the best
    Teresa

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.