Blood Test Results

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  teds31 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

woo1967
    Participant

Hi All

I was diagnosed with smouldering Myeloma on 12/02/14 my consultant said he envisages treatment in the future but needs to do regular tests to gain a picture of how it is developing.  I have now had 3 lots of tests and looking at them myself I can see the changes – I am unsure what i should be looking for in these results, can anybody advice please …………………. confused.com

eve
    Participant

Hi Woo1967

I take it 1967 is your birth year!!! And I cannot keep calling you Woo,sounds like a dog! But let’s answer your questions first.

There is a free number the top of this page,call it and speak to Ellen or Maggie,they can answer all your questions and send you booklets,this is a must!!!! As you can learn a lot about your condition,so any bad news you get,you will be prepared,plus it will help you to ask questions on your condition.

You say you have test results but not what they are!!!,if they are blood results,????they could be showing change in your blood,bloods are just a small part and act as indications of what is going on in your body,smouldering myeloma can go on for years,plus it does not always develop to Multiple Myeloma,MM effects not just the blood,it could be damage to bones or kidneys and is complicated unless you gain knowledge of the disease.

So Moo,don,t hesitate pick up that phone!!!!,and lastly welcome to the myeloma bubble.Eve

teds31
    Participant

Dont worry too much yet wait for the test results and read up on MM as suggested, I’ve been smoldering for about 7 years so I am lucky you may be too. Ted

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Blood Test Results’ is closed to new replies.