Bone Marrow Biopsy

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  strictlymyeloma 13 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Gaye
    Participant

I remember a while ago we had a thread looking at BMBs and whether or not to have anaesthetic. Yesterday I had my 7th biopsy and it was one of the best I have had. Plenty of local anaesthetic and a good doctor who cared about my level of pain. It wasn't painful just slightly uncomfortable. May all your future biopsies be as good as this one was!

Can see grass and some pavement here at long last – how is it around the country!
    Love, Gaye xx

brocho
    Participant

Dear Gaye what a difference it makes when a procedure goes well heres to pain free bmbs!! We havent had any snow since it thawed on saturday just freezing fog love Bridget x

BADGER
    Participant

Hello Gaye
    I am glad your biopsy went well I have only had three and dread the thought of the next one I shall ask for a sedative, my bone the doctor said was difficult to aspirate so they have to dig deeper so its good to hear doctor cared about the pain level. All our snow in Hatfield Herts went at the weekend but it has been so cold with freezing fog
    Love Jo8-)

tom
    Participant

Hi Gay
    Pleased your BMB went well 😀 I have had three so far:-S . but they have been Ok (ish) to be fair? well fairer than the weather:-/ , as its taking some shifting here (much the same as the council gritters>:-( )

But hey its good to moan ha ha.

Ye all have a great time in the snow and be carfull8-)

Love Tom (Onwards and Upwards) xxx

PS bit of a struggle to get on here? of late :-S

Gill
    Participant

So pleased that your biopsy was pain free. I know that I have seen my big "Bob the builder Oh it is only a 4 inch gash in my hand/foot whatever put a plaster on it and stop fussing" husband clench his teeth, hands and curl his toes when having a bmb.

The wretched tool they use looks like a giant corkscrew and I remember somebody on here posting that they agreed but thought their doctor had left the wine bottle on the end of it!

We are in Orpington Kent no more snow but what we have is not shifting and has frozen over. Very dangerous for all except our stupid Westie who runs around the frozen garden slipping and sliding and doesn't give a hoot. When she gets taken out for her pavement walk she is fine but the humans are slipping all over the place

Gill

strictlymyeloma
    Participant

hallo gaye
    what seems many months ago i had my first BMB
    and it hurt
    on the insistance of myself and my dear wife i were given gas and air at the time of the second and i didnt feel a thing apart from a mild pressure
    and the same for the third the advantage is it brings back good old memories of being slghtly tippsy but with a quick recovery and no side effects.
    norman

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Bone Marrow Biopsy’ is closed to new replies.