Bone Marrow Transplant ( BMT ) Group

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  greg777 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bajabell
    Participant

Hello under 50’s

Having had an BMT back in 2005 at the age of 45 I was recently reminded by the way of an article in the Telegraph that there are not many of us who go through this procedure.

I was wondering if it would be helpful to start a new GROUP for people who have had a BMT ???

If you have had a BMT and think that this type of interaction would be helpful then give some feedback.

All the best to all under 50’s ….. KEEP FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT

Richard Bell

greg777
    Participant

Hi Richard,

I think this would be a great idea. I had a BMT in February this year. I have signed up to the BMT forum on the Macmillan website and in six months have come across no-one who has done the procedure after being diagnosed with MM. So it would be great to connect with people in exactly the same boat as MM has its own challenges and BMT’s have their own challenges as well so it would be good to connect the two.

And it is fantastic to hear that you are still going strong 12 years post-transplant – at age 38, yours is exactly the story I want to hear!

Many thanks,

Greg

bajabell
    Participant

How are you doing so far ???

Did you read some of my old posts !!!

Very good to hear from you ….. I think I will try and ask Myeloma UK if they will allow us our own BMT Group on the forum

All the Best,
    Richard

bajabell
    Participant

Just sent this email to Myeloma UK …….
    Ref : Bone Marrow Group ( BMT Group )

Dear Sir / Madam,

Please could you tell me if it would be possible to add another group to the forum ???

I have posted in the Under 50’s group which is GREAT but I feel the need for another group for the small minority of people who have had a BMT.
    There are so few of us and it is not easy to get help or information. I think that this would be a good for those who have gone through this procedure and also for those that might be given the chance and would like further information.

If it is possible I would ask if this could be set up either as it’s own Group or as a Sub-Group to the under 50’s .

I look forward to your thoughts .
    Very best for the new year.

Richard Bell

BMT 2005 UCHL

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by  bajabell.

greg777
    Participant

Hi Richard,

Thanks very much for doing this, let’s hope it will be accepted and set up shortly. I think it would be a good addition to the Myeloma UK Forum as whilst I still consider myself to be primarily a MM patient, I also consider myself a BMT patient and it would be good to share experiences, ask questions on both in a connected way. For example, I am doing much better than I was a few months ago but am noticing that my immune system is pretty poor at the moment – just taking a long time to shift coughs and colds – is that the effects of having had myeloma (I am currently stringent complete response for which I am very grateful), the effects of the BMT, or a mixture of both. Also, having had no problems with joints, I am beginning to get pains in the feet, ankles and knees. Again, it is hard to tell what is causing this.

How did you feel in the later stages post-transplant  (ie, post one year) and how are you feeling now?

Cheers,

Greg

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bone Marrow Transplant ( BMT ) Group’ is closed to new replies.