Bone pain

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  andyg 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

petesilver
    Participant

Hi

I’m confused as what to do, I am waiting to start another drug in April,  unfortunately I had some bad pain in my arm and shoulder so my consultant put me on steroids which did help for a little while but now the pain is getting quite bad at times, I have tried all types of painkillers but nothing seems to work at all. Having had several bone problems in the past, should I wait until I see my consultant Tuesday week or contact day case tomorrow. I know I should be able to make a decision myself, I’m just afraid something might break as before.

Regards. Peter

jeff605
    Participant

Hi Peter, I would be inclined to take action tomorrow rather than wait for the consultant meeting as it is a fair while away, and things can change quickly. Also you may be able to find help with the pain, even if it’s only to lessen it to a degree, as happened to me with my back problem. Don’t worry about being a nuisance, that’s what the system is there for!! The more I think about it the more I think you should get in contact tomorrow, Peter. Hope that this helps Jeff

petesilver
    Participant

Hello Jeff

I did go to Day Case unfortunately my consultant is away but they got my records checked me over but as I am due to see him next Tuesday gave me some oramorphand and MST i must say it has taken the edge off the pain so it was worth going and next week i can sort it out proper.
    Thank you foryour comments ,most helpful
    Regards. Pete

andyg
    Participant

Hi Peter,

if I have ANY problems or worries I call the day unit, or at night the open access number, and let them know I will be shortly paying them a visit as I did last Friday. They encourage us to do that. Luckily I only live 10 – 15 minutes away so it’s no hardship for us.

I hope everything gets sorted out on Tuesday for you Peter.

Every day is a gift.

Andy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Bone pain’ is closed to new replies.