Bone pain post Stem Cell Transplant

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  tony642 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

joybarney
    Participant

I am at Zero + 84 days after my stem cell transplant but having quite severe pains in my rib, hip and leg. Worse at night and they reduce during the day. It is NOT my muscles, but my bones! The hospital don’t seem to think this is a problem. Is anyone else having these pains post transplant?
    I am getting a bit depressed.

gc
    Participant

Hi. I’m quite relieved to read yiur post but that’s probably not much consolation to you, sorry.
    I am at Day 75 post transplant. I have lesions in my back and compressed fractures so was in considerable pain before transplant.
    I too still experience bone pain though it is much less severe than it was and tends to be more intermittent. My bone pain increases after my Zometa infusion.
    I’m due at the day clinic at hospital tomorrow for the bone drip and will see the consultant too. He does check up on my pain levels and mostly the pain is reasonably controlled by drugs.
    I know everyone is different as Myeloma is such an individual disease.
    I hope you get some answers from your team at your hospital. I would keep reporting your pain.
    Take care.

scatter05
    Participant

Hi
    I had my SCT in march and I had very achy legs for ages even after the 100 days. It felt bony but I guess could have been because muscles not used as much. It is so much better now though. I hope your pain gets better soon too and all the very best with recovery .
    ❤️

joybarney
    Participant

Thank you scatter05 it made me feel better reading your reply. 👍

joybarney
    Participant

Hi gc

Thanks for your reply. I have an appointment with my Consultant today 14.9.23) so I will mention the pains again. I hope your recovery improves soon. 👍

tony642

Bone pain is very common post STC, but is manageable if you get on the correct pain relief regime. Tell your medical team about the pain you are in and the difficulties you are having. Be aware though that if you also have kidney disease as a result of the Myeloma, some drugs (such as Oramorph and Ibrufen) can be harmful to them, but the good news is that there are alternatives that are not harmful, but not routinely prescribed unless there is a need.

Regards, Tony

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.