bone pain

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  san 11 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

san
    Participant

Hello i wonder if somebody can help re advice about pain relief, my mum is on oxycontin and oxynorm, she is having side effects, drowsiness, spinning, feeling awful generally, is there anything that may be better?, she has a palliative nurse who is now reducing the drug a little but i guess that mums pain will worsen, she is sensitive to medication but i wondered if anybody found a regime that helped them if there is a sensitivity to opiates, thank you San.

mhnevill
    Participant

Hi San

Sorry your Mum is having such a hard time. Does your Mum have any arthritis by any chance as my Pain Nurse says the morphine type drugs don't help that pain so I am taking anti-inflamitories as well.

I have also begun to have some physio at home and the exercises are certainly helping my back by strengthening my muscles.

Do keep trying different tactics.

Love Mavis

san
    Participant

Hi Mavis, thank you for replying, dear Mum has had her pain relievers[opiates] reduced and she is coming around, more alert and stronger in hospital the side effects had really affected her badly, sadly she has quite a bit of bone pain in shoulder and hip and has had one course of chemo but on hold until she is stronger, no arthritis but my goodness she is going through the mill, i tell her about the lovely people on here who have chemo and are getting along well, she so wants to come home asap, i am hoping that she will start to get back on her feet soon with physio help, it is such a shock to her and just 5 weeks since diagnosis so early days, thank you for your support Mavis, great to hear that you are doing well with physio at home too, take care, love San.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘bone pain’ is closed to new replies.