breast lump

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Harmony 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Harmony
    Participant

Feeling as if I’m doomed at the moment- after getting used to the myeloma diagnosis, I have now found a lump in my breast. I ignored it for a few weeks but finally faced up to things and went to the G.P. Tomorrow, I have to see a breast surgeon to have an ultrasound scan, mammogram and possible biopsy and I’m in a state of absolute fear and terror. I don’t know how I’m supposed to process it if it’s more bad news. I don’t know if there’s a link between breast cancer and myeloma. I don’t know if I even want to know right now. Fingers crossed for a positive outcome. Could be a cyst or something innocent I guess

lindawinton
    Participant

I had a similar situation a few years ago, not terribly long after my SC treatment. It turned out to be no more than calcification. Not sure of any link between Myeloma and breast cancer. Good luck

Linda Winton

cygnet
    Participant

Hi Chrissie

So sorry to hear this but I’m glad it’s all being checked out.

I’ve got everything – not just my fingers – crossed for you.

Sending love & hugs,

C xx

Harmony
    Participant

Thank you – I’m feeling blessed as the lump has turned out to be innocent breast tissue. Thank God – I was beginning to think that Cancer was a buy one get one free disease! A load has been lifted from me.

cygnet
    Participant

Hi – so pleased to hear this 🙂

I was wondering about sending you a private message but didn’t want to intrude. This condition seems to heighten everything which in turn adds to the stress doesn’t it?

I recently had pneumonia which I wasn’t overly worried  as I have an excellent gp . But then the worry started – was something other than my stressed immune system responsible & then the chest x-rays seemed more significant….. then I needed a mammogram for routine screening … again the ” what if” thoughts ….. So when I read about your situation  it resonated & I really felt for you.

So glad all’s well

Love & hugs,

C xxx

Michele
    Participant

I’m so pleased that you’ve had results through so quickly and the news is good. I think having MM does make you more paranoid about your body generally. I know I have the occasional mini panic!

As far as your MM diagnosis goes, once you’ve got over the initial shock, you’ll start thinking straight again and realize that it’s by no means the end of the world.
    I was diagnozed exactly 4 years ago, had 6 months CTD, then a SCT in Feb. 2012. I’m still drug-free, in complete remission and life is totally normal!

Keep in touch. x

Harmony
    Participant

Thnx again Cygnet. I’m sorry to hear about your pneumonia and I hope that you are feeling well again. I can tell that you experience the same emotions as me and I’m sure many other people in our situation feel it too – every twinge in the back makes us think that bone damage is settling in. Every lump or ache feels like evidence of advancing disease. We live our life in fear but we smile through the fear and try to be positive no matter what. I would like to be the kind of person who could make a positive out of a negative and do amazing things like raise money for Myeloma UK and other cancer charities but in reality, I’m still ducking away from it. I’d like to say that I’m an amazing mum but in reality, even though I love my kids more than life itself, I’m not as good as I could be at this. I’d like to say that I have an amazing marriage but in reality, I’m married to a self-centred, mean-spirited man who is not my soulmate. The positive thing is that despite all this, I love being alive and I want to hang on and I want to be there for my children so that I can keep trying to be the perfect mother in all of the American movies.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘breast lump’ is closed to new replies.