Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors, B.T.K

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jeff605 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jeff605
    Participant

The actual article referred to is actually quite easy to follow, it was the further exploration of the subject that got difficult !!

• This topic was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by  jeff605.

jeff605
    Participant

Sorry everyone, it looks like I’ve managed to erase my original post , here goes again !!
    A friend sent me this, and I thought it might be of interest :-
    Hi Jeff,
    Thought you might be interested to see some info on this new drug (Bruton’s Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors, B.T.K. For short), trialled at Derriford hospital Plymouth and University of Plymouth
    Starting in Sept. 2012 by Prof. Simon Rule. Specifically for Leukaemia and Lymphoma (it doesn’t mention Myeloma though), but now the trial has gone world wide,and so far, apparently, it has been almost 100 per cent successful.
    Take a look at the BBC news website, look at the news England section, then on the local bit, and key in Plymouth.
    Looks promising
    Jeff

jeff605
    Participant

Direct link to this article is :- bbc news bruton’s tyrosine kinase Jeff

dickb
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

My wife and I read the article and certainly gives cause for hope. If it does work then it will certainly help a lot of people. However I believe the article said the drug is being tsted on those with Leukemia and Lymphoma. I understand that trials in the US are being done for MM, but BTK is being used in conjunction with other drugs. Let’s hope it does work for MM and that we can hang on long enough.

jeff605
    Participant

Further to this a very interesting and hopeful article in Patient Power by Dr. Paul Richardson concerning protozian inhibitors and the very high success rates ( 95% !!! ) being achieved by oral administration in combination with other drugs, as I understand it. As you say Dick, cause for hope There certainly seems to be a lot of work going on with these inhibitors Jeff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bruton's Tyrosine Kinase Inhibitors, B.T.K’ is closed to new replies.